Subject: [MMUSIC] SDPng status

From: Joël Repiquet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 13:43:24 +0200

Hi,

Could you clarify the status of the SDPng concept and its relation with SDPnew?

The draft-ietf-mmusic-sdpng (Session Description and Capability Negotiation) has
recently expired and draft-ietf-mmusic-sdpng-trans (SDPng Transition) is in the
RFC Editor queue from May 2003.

Thanks

Joël

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 11:56:36 +0100

> Could you clarify the status of the SDPng concept and its relation  

SDPng is intended as a complete and non-backwards compatible  
replacement for SDP, with a significantly improved feature set.

SDPnew is a set of minor clarifications to SDP. It is intended to  
address the ambiguities and mistakes in RFC 2327, and to codify  
existing practice.

> The draft-ietf-mmusic-sdpng (Session Description and Capability  
> Negotiation) has recently expired and draft-ietf-mmusic-sdpng-trans  
> (SDPng Transition) is in the RFC Editor queue from May 2003.

You should expect an update to both drafts.  The SDPng specification  
will be published as an experimental RFC to record its status, since  
it doesn't have the necessary community support to be considered as a  
proposed standard. The SDPng Transition draft will be updated to take  
into account the changed status of SDPng.

Colin