Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE: Transaction address pair ID for a peer derived remote candid ate

From: Vavilapalli Srikanth-A19563 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:09:27 +0530

Hi

According to section 7.4.1.1 of draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-05, the USERNAME
attribute of STUN binding request MUST be set to the transport address pair
ID of the corresponding transport address pair as seen by its peer. In the
section 7.4.1.3, it is mentioned that the "tid" for the newly learned remote
candidate can be generated algorithmically by concatenating the tid of the
remote transport address in the matching transport address pair the string
representation of the source IP address and port from the incoming Binding
Request and this new candidate pair is set to "receive-valid".

So while verifying the validity in send direction for this new candidate
pair, we should send STUN binding request with USERNAME as concatenation of
"tid"s of both candidates as seen by the peer (According to the example
given in the draft, it should be "YRW" and "ZSX"). However this USERNAME is
not known to the peer and hence it rejects the STUN request which
invalidates the candidate pair in the send direction even though actually it
has the connectivity.

Is my argument correct here or am I missing some thing? Can anyone clarify
this?

Regards
Srikanth Vavilapalli

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic