Subject: [MMUSIC] Protocol Action: 'Session Description Protocol Security Descriptions for Media Streams' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:04:53 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Session Description Protocol Security Descriptions for Media Streams '
   <draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Allison Mankin.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-12.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document defines a new 'crypto' attribute for the Session Description
Protocol (SDP). This attribute constitutes a means of key exchange within SDP tosecure media streams such as RTP (via sRTP) when used in the context of SIP and
the offer/answer model.
 
Working Group Summary
 
The advancement of this document was supported by the MMUSIC WG. It is one of
two mechanisms being advanced by MMUSIC to fill the gap left by the "k=" line
mechanism of SDP. While the WG could not achieve consensus on a single
mechanism, it is hoped that deployment experience will clarify the respective
applicability of these two approaches.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic