Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE: SDP candidate attribute grammar

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:02:07 +0200

Hi,

I think there is an important error in the SDP grammar for candidates:

    candidate-attribute   = "candidate" ":" candidate-id SP tid SP
                            transport SP
                            qvalue SP   ;qvalue from RFC 3261
                            addr SP
                            port SP
                              ;addr, port from RFC 2327
    transport             = "UDP" / "TCP" / transport-extension
    transport-extension   = token
    candidate-id          = 1*DIGIT
    id                    = non-ws-string

The "addr" element is picked from RFC 2327, that is not a good idea as 
that one is IPv4 only. I would recommend that you use the one from RFC 
3266.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:13:07 -0400

OK, I'll fix in -06.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Director, Service Provider VoIP Architecture   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com