Subject: [MMUSIC] RTP/RTCP transport address identification with in a candidate

From: Vavilapalli Srikanth-A19563 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 16:01:13 +0530

Hi

How to distinguish the RTP transport address and RTCP transport address in a
non active candidate published (in offer or answer) by an ICE compliant
agent? This is needed to pair up "one-to-one" between transport addresses of
a native and remote candidate.

For an active candidate we can identify them with m/c line and "a=rtcp"
attribute. But for a non-active candidate the "a=candidate" grammar doesn't
indicate if it is for RTP or for RTCP?

The draft draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-05 says:
-----------------------------------------
1. Section 7.1: Each candidate is composed of a series of transport
addresses of the same type.  In the case of RTP, the candidate is composed
of either one or two transport addresses.  Normally there are two - one for
RTP, and one for RTCP.

2. Section 7.4: Each candidate has a number of transport addresses.  In the
case of RTP, there are either one or two.  Within the pairing, the transport
addresses of each candidate are linked together one-to-one to form a
transport address pair.  In the case of RTP, the result will either be one
or two transport address pairs - one for RTP, and possibly another for RTCP.

Could any one please clarify this?

Regards
Srikanth Vavilapalli
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic