Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP: Changed SHOULD to SHALL in SETUP

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 15:41:12 +0100

Hi,

In the new version I have changed two SHOULDs to SHALLs in the SETUP 
method, Section 11.3:

For the benefit of any intervening firewalls, a client {\SHALL}
indicate the known transport parameters even if it has no influence
over these parameters, for example, where the server advertises a
fixed multicast address as destination.

In a {\SETUP} response the server {\SHALL} include the
\header{Accept-Ranges} header (see section ~\ref{sec:Accept-Ranges}
to indicate which time formats that are acceptable to use for this
media resource.

I think both is well motivated for consistent behavior and 
interoperability and does not have any negative impact what I can 
understand. If you don't agree please send your comment to the list.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic