Subject: [MMUSIC] SIP video terminal and IFrame

From: "David RIO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:16:44 +0100

Dear all,

Let imagine two SIP equipements (A and B) with a video media session between
both of them.
Video stream is for example H.263 based.

If B is a kind of media server (e.g. video messaging system) and wants
during the session to start recording the video stream.
The video recording can only start with the reception from the UAC of an
IFrame.
=> It is hardly possible to have standard voice behaviour: messaging system
plays a greeting and then starts recording.
UAS must wait....

Are there any protocols (RFC ? draft ?) that makes it possible for a SIP UAS
to ask an UAC to send an IFrame ? (I did not find one)
Did anybody already work on this issue ?

Best regards

David
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Louis Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:37:23 -0500

Try
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mmusic/draft-levin-mmusic-xml-media-control-04.txt

I have seen this draft implemented by quite a few video phone vendors; in
addition our Video Messaging system uses it as well.

Hope it helps.

  _____  

From: David RIO [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MMUSIC] SIP video terminal and IFrame

Dear all,

Best regards

David

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: David Geen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:43:29 -0500

you might have a look at 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levin-mmusic-xml-media-control-04.txt 
- this includes functionality for requesting Video Fast Update from far 
end -
thanks
David RIO wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Let imagine two SIP equipements (A and B) with a video media session 
> between both of them.
> The video recording can only start with the reception from the UAC of 
> an IFrame.
> => It is hardly possible to have standard voice behaviour: messaging 
> system plays a greeting and then starts recording.
> UAS must wait....
>
> Are there any protocols (RFC ? draft ?) that makes it possible for a 
> SIP UAS to ask an UAC to send an IFrame ? (I did not find one)
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

<http://www.logicacmg.com/telecoms>

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:48:27 +0100

Hi,

This is being worked on in AVT. We are actually developing a mechanism 
that include Full Intra Requests.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wenger-avt-avpf-ccm-03.txt

It is still an individual, however that is due to that AVT hasn't 
managed to charter this yet. However there is support in AVT for this 
solution.

The advantage of the above to the XML thing is that you don't have to 
send these request over the signalling path and instead handle it over 
media path

cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

---

From: "Duane Storey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:15:24 -0800

Hi everyone,

I think it should definitely be over the media path, and not over the
signalling path.  RTCP used to define a fast update for H.261. I think
extensions should be proposed there to do this in my opinion.  If you want a
mechanism that let's you request full frames or partial GOB updates during
times of packet loss, having to send a SIP message via a proxy is a bit
heavy.

Duane

On 3/23/06, Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]> wrote:
> between
> system
> > This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended
> recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential
> information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied,
> disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an
> intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any
> attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.
> >
> >
> >

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:30:53 +0100

Agreed,

And the work is ongoing in AVT. The partial frame request is already 
available in AVPF. There is a distinction between picture loss or 
indicating slice losses to ask for an Intra for other reasons.
Please review the document in AVT and bring any discussion there.

/Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund