Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP: Accept-Credentials handling

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:13:35 +0100

Hi,

Lets assume one uses the Accept-Credentials header to allow a proxy to 
connect to the next RTSP agent over TLS. In that case should the proxy 
strip away the included finger print it just used to match the next hop?

The advantage would be to not disclose the finger print of the previous 
agents that the user has accepted for agents further along in the chain.

Does this have some disadvantage beyond increasing the load on the proxy 
when forwarding the request?

I am especially interested if it can create some security issue. Also is 
it at all meaningful?

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic