Subject: [MMUSIC] Working group last call: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-02.txt

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:46:25 -0600

This is to announce a working group last call on the SDP Content  
Attribute draft (draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-02.txt). Please  
send any final comments on this draft to the mailing list by 10th  
April 2006. If no substantive comments are received by that time, we  
will request the IESG publish this as a proposed standard RFC.

Colin

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:57:37 -0500

I have sent suggested editorial changes off-list to the authors. I note 
a couple of items that may be of general interest.

The first point is that in the IANA registration, section 10, "Allowed 
attribute values" line, the list of possible values is ended with "and a 
token". This is an accurate description of the syntax, but I don't think 
it is appropriate in a registration. Instead, I suggest: "and any other 
registered values".

The second point is a suggestion that this document be sent to the media 
types list, because it may draw suggestions from people having 
experience with similar issues. I also see some relationship to the MIME 
Content-Disposition header field, but I don't know how far to take that.

Finally, as an editorial point I failed to tackle, there seems to be a 
bit of repetition between the introduction, section 1, and the opening 
part of section 4. I suppose I could send text if pressed, but perhaps 
the authors have some ideas.

Colin Perkins wrote:
> send any final comments on this draft to the mailing list by 10th  April 
> 2006. If no substantive comments are received by that time, we  will 
> request the IESG publish this as a proposed standard RFC.
> 
> Colin
>