Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP: Unknown headers SHALL be ignored

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 13:30:00 +0100

Hi,

Yet another SHOULD->SHALL, this time in Section 14's introductory text:

An RTSP agent {\SHALL} ignore extension headers that are not
understood.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Joe Pallas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:19:40 -0800

> An RTSP agent {\SHALL} ignore extension headers that are not

Although SHALL and MUST carry the same meaning in RFC2119, I think  
this is a case where MUST might be better.  It adds a bit of emphasis  
to an area where implementors sometimes go astray.

joe