Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP: Scope parameter for IPv6 multicast

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:54:03 +0100

Hi,

In the open issues list in draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-12 there is issue:
         6.   Should a IPv6 multicast scope parameter for the Transport
              header be defined? This would be similar to TTL.

However after refreshing my knowledge of the IPv6 multicast addresses in 
RFC 4291 I think this is an non issue. The reason is that the address 
itself contains scope specification.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic