Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP: Extended Error messges

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:22:25 +0100

Hi,

Currently RTSP allows for the inclusion of a message body in all Error 
messages (4xx, 5xx). However currently no format is recommended or made 
normative. I think there would some benefit of having at least a 
recommend to support by client format that can be used to convey 
information to the user or a implementor about what the responder think 
is wrong in a human readable format. I would suggest some basic form of 
HTML, however I think a UTF-8 encoded text document would be sufficient.

What do people think of this idea. Please provide your view on this. A 
draft on some text would also be appreciated.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic