Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP: 455 and 456 response shall include indication of what is accepted.

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 13:15:51 +0100

Hi,

In Section 13.4.7 and 13.4.8 there are headers (Allow and Accept-Ranges) 
that simplify error recovery. I have made those required to be included 
for consistency. The text now reads:

\subsubsection{455 Method Not Valid in This State}

The client or server cannot process this request in its current
state. The response {\SHALL} contain an \header{Allow} header to
make error recovery possible.

\subsubsection{456 Header Field Not Valid for Resource}

The server could not act on a required request header.  For example,
if \header{PLAY} contains the \header{Range} header field but the
stream does not allow seeking. This error message may also be used
for specifying when the time format in \header{Range} is impossible
for the resource. In that case the \header{Accept-Ranges} header
{\SHALL} be returned to inform the client of which format(s) that
are allowed.

Comments?

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic