Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP: Accept-Ranges also in SETUP request

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 16:08:24 +0100

Hi,

There exist cases where the server needs to use a range header, and the 
client may not otherwise indicated its support for range formats. To 
solve this issue, I have introduced text requiring a client to include 
the Accept-Ranges header in requests with all the range formats supported.

The client {\SHALL} include the \header{Accept-Ranges} header in the
request indicating all supported unit formats in the Range header.
This allows the server to know which format it may use in future
session related responses, such as PLAY response without any range
in the request. If the client does not support a time format
necessary for the presentation the server {\SHALL} respond using 456
(Header Field Not Valid for Resource) and include the Accept-Ranges
header with the range unit formats supported for the resource.

Comments?

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic