Subject: [MMUSIC] Working group last call: draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-08.txt

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:29:36 +0100

This is to announce a working group last call on ICE <draft-ietf- 
mmusic-ice-08.txt>. Please send any final comments on this draft to  
the mailing list before 5th May 2006. If no substantive issues are  
raised by that time, we'll request the IESG consider the draft for  
publication as a proposed standard RFC.

Due to the length and complexity of the draft, we are especially  
soliciting comments and reports from those who have implemented from  
the draft (either on the list, or privately to the chairs).

Colin

On 31 Mar 2006, at 00:50, [email-masked] wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts  
> directories.
> This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session  
> Control Working Group of the IETF.
>
> 	Title		: Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE): A  
> Methodology for Network Address Translator (NAT) Traversal for  
> Offer/Answer Protocols
> 	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg
> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-08.txt
> 	Pages		: 96
> 	Date		: 2006-3-30
> 	
> This document describes a protocol for Network Address Translator
>    (NAT) traversal for multimedia session signaling protocols based on
>    the offer/answer model, such as the Session Initiation Protocol
>    (SIP).  This protocol is called Interactive Connectivity
>    Establishment (ICE).  ICE makes use of the Simple Traversal of UDP
>    through NAT (STUN), applying its binding discovery, connectivity
>    check and relay usages.
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-08.txt

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:38:30 +0100

On 11 Apr 2006, at 20:29, Colin Perkins wrote:
> soliciting comments and reports from those who have implemented  
> from the draft (either on the list, or privately to the chairs).

Note that the IETF has been notified of potential IPR relating to  
this draft and owned by Tandberg Telecom AS. The licensing  
declaration states:

	The Patent Holder is prepare to grant - on the basis of reciprocity  
for the
	above IETF specification - a licence to an unrestricted number of  
applicants
	on a worldwide, non-discriminatory basis and on reasonable term and  
conditions
	to make, use and sell implementations of the above IETF specification.
	Negotiations are left to the parties concerned, and are performed  
outside
	the IETF.

	As used herein, the word "reciprocity" means that the Patent Holder  
shall
	only be required to license any prospective licencee if such  
prospective
	licensee will commit to license its essential patent(s) or essential  
patent
	claim(s) for implementation of any IETF specification for free under  
reasonable
	terms and conditions.

For full details, see https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/ 
ipr_search.cgi?option=document_search&id_document_tag=11119

Colin