Subject: [MMUSIC] SDP clarification question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:58:13 -0400

In reading RFC 3264 it states in section 6.1:

"The connection address and port in the answer indicate the address where
the answerer wishes to receive the media ... This address and port MUST be
present even for sendonly streams..."

My interpretation of this and other text in the document is that the
address/port information in an SDP offer / answer always refers only to
where media wants to be receive, but NEVER to where media will be
sourced/sent from. 

Is my understanding correct or am I confused?

Thanks in advance.

-Steve

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:47:24 -0700

Steven,

You're correct, except that in order for SBCs or ICE to work, the same UDP
port has to be used to send and to receive RTP.

See draft-wing-behave-symmetric-rtprtcp-01.txt, which is in the RFC Editor's
queue.

-d

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:58 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [MMUSIC] SDP clarification question
>

---

From: Mark Baugher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:18:04 -0700

Dan
   Seems that we have been mulling over this topic for years.  Let me  
add to the muddle by claiming that the use of the SDP name "sendonly"  
can be defined in different ways by different application protocols  
such as SIP or SAP.

Mark