Subject: [MMUSIC] use cases of seamless session mobility

From: Eunsoo Shim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:39:23 -0400

Hi,

In IETF 64, we presented requirements for seamless session mobility and
one of the comments was that more use cases of session mobility would
help in understanding the motivation and importance of seamless session
mobility. So we listed a number of use cases of session mobility,
categorized according to the merits for the
users in draft-komiya-mmusic-session-mobility-usecases-00.txt.

Unfortunately our presentation on the draft in IETF65 was cancelled
because the WG meeting ran out of time.
Below are the presentation slides.
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06mar/slides/mmusic-9.pdf

We would appreciate if you take a look at the slides or the draft and
provide us some comments.

Here are our questions for the group:
- What do the working group think of the use cases?
- Is there any missing use case?
- Do the group think the use cases should be supported?

Thanks.

Eunsoo

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: "Montpetit Marie-Jose-MGIF0300" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:08:02 -0400

Is this really in the realm of the IETF? Session mobility is more like a
"system capability" the type of work that is done in ETSI, CableLabs
etc. Are you suggesting current IETF protocols could not suport your use
cases?

/mjm
-----Original Message-----
From: Eunsoo Shim [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 10:39 AM
To: 'mmusic'
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [MMUSIC] use cases of seamless session mobility

Hi,

In IETF 64, we presented requirements for seamless session mobility and
one of the comments was that more use cases of session mobility would
help in understanding the motivation and importance of seamless session
mobility. So we listed a number of use cases of session mobility,
categorized according to the merits for the users in
draft-komiya-mmusic-session-mobility-usecases-00.txt.

Thanks.

Eunsoo