Subject: [MMUSIC] Review of draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp-00

From: "Francois Audet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:56:10 -0500

Jonathan,

As promised in Dallas, I have done a review of draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp-00.

Most of my comments are editorial in nature, except perhaps a minor comment
on section 3.

Section 1

- 2nd paragraph, last line: change "communicatoins" to "communications".

Section 2

- It would be much clearer if a reference to RFC 4145 be placed at the
  very begining of this section (after the first paragraph). It is
  very difficult to follow starting with the 2nd paragraph unless the
  concepts described in RFC 4145 on active/passive/actpass are understood.

- 4th paragraph, 4th line. Change "by the agent" to "by the remote agent" or
  "by the other agent" to make it clear it is the other side you are talking
  about.

- 6th paragraph (top of p. 5). It is not clear what "specifications are 
  being developped". Perhaps an informative reference to the draft is in 
  order (http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-tcp-00.txt).

Section 3

- Top of page 7. The sentence "Only in cases ... be omitted" probably should
  be removed as it seems very restrictive. I understand what you are trying
  to do, i.e., get people to implement ICE-TCP in UAs, which I am OK with. 
  What I think is important is that UAs have the ability to have ICE-TCP
  turned on or off depending on network preferences. For example, an 
  enterprise may decide that ICE-TCP inside the network is unacceptable
  and should be turned off: this could be communicated to the client through
  Config-framework (so that it would work when the client is "nomad"). Or
  maybe there is two configuration profiles for the client (one for inside
  the enterprise, one for outside). In any case, I think the explanation, or
  at least the last sentence, is overly restrictive and should be 
  adjusted.

Section 5

- First paragraph, first line. Change "procedurs" to "procedures".

- Second paragraph. Change "set to 9" to "set to 9 (i.e., Discard)" for 
  clarity.

Section 6

- First paragraph, first line. Change "procedurs" to "procedures".

Section 7

- First word of page 12. Change "Even Ta" to "Every Ta".

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic