Subject: [MMUSIC] A question about draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-12

From: Kylin Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:04:01 +0800

I'm studying draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-12 now. I had a question when
I read an example about "SETUP" method at Page 48.
Original text:
C->S: SETUP rtsp://example.com/foo/bar/baz.rm RTSP/2.0
      CSeq: 302
     Transport: RTP/AVP;unicast;dest_addr=":4588"/":4589",
                 RTP/AVP/TCP;unicast;interleaved=0-1

I don't know why there isn't receiver's IP address after "dest_addr"
parameter.
It should be 'dest_addr="192.168.2.1:4588"/"192.168.2.1:4589"' mode
because of unicast transport.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:07:27 +0200

Please review the following statement from page 97:

         o The lack of the dest_addr parameter indicates that the server
           SHALL send media to same address for which the RTSP messages
           originates. Does not work for transports requiring explicitly
           given destination ports.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]