Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE - When to send the SIP ACK message?

From: Philip Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 16:22:26 -0400

Jonathan:

In internal discussions on the use of ICE with SIP,
the question of when to send the SIP ACK message came up.
Assuming the Offer is contained in the SIP INVITE message
and the Answer is contained in the 200 OK message,
then should the Offerer wait to send the ACK until the connectivity
checks complete or should it be sent immediately?

I couldn't find anything about this in the ICE spec.

My sense is that the right thing to do is to send the ACK immediately,
since the connectivity checks may take some time to complete.
Do you agree?
Perhaps it would be worthwhile adding some words about this
to the ICE spec?

- Philip

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic