Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] Adding the control function to multi-rate in RTSP

From: "Jaehwan Kim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 01:44:24 +0900

> I would like to request some feedback about adding the control
function
> to multi-rate in RTSP.
> Now, multi-rate coding technology and scalable coding technology had
> been widely used.  Multiple bitrates can be provided within one media
> file. Because there are some disadvantages on changing automatically
> transport bitrate according to network condition, so I think that it's
> necessary to provide a way that an audience can change transport
bitrate
> on his own. A client can inquire bitrate range of a media file from
RTSP
> server and then change transport bitrate before the playing of a movie
> or during the playing of that.
> 
> 
> Kylin Wei
> 
It has been from the beginning of RTSP. If server provides a couple of
channels(m= lines) in SDP, player can attach/detach the channel through
SETUP/TEARDOWN accordingly. All things are up to player implementation.
As for bitrate change and a kind of grouping purpose, 3GPP proposed SDP
alternative(a=alt, you can google with '26.234').

Jaehwan Kim
Principal Engineer / Streaming Development Manager
Vidiator (Korea) Inc.
7th Fl. AnnJay BLDG 718-2 
YeokSam-Dong, KangNam-Gu, 135-920, Seoul
www.vidiator.com
[email-masked]

media in motion
This e-mail message (including any attachment) is intended only for the
personal use of the recipient(s) named above. This message is
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended
recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail and delete the original message. Any views or opinions
expressed in this message are those of the author only. Furthermore,
this message including any attachment does not create any legally
binding rights or obligations whatsoever, which may only be created by
the exchange of hard copy documents signed by a duly authorized
representative of Vidiator Technology (US) Inc.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic