Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 4572 on Connection-Oriented Media Transport over the Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol in the Session Description Protocol (SDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:02:24 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4572

        Title:      Connection-Oriented Media Transport over the 
                    Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol in 
                    the Session Description Protocol (SDP) 
        Author:     J. Lennox
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 38658
        Updates:    RFC4145
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-comedia-tls-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4572.txt

This document specifies how to establish secure connection-oriented
media transport sessions over the Transport Layer Security (TLS)
protocol using the Session Description Protocol (SDP).  It defines a
new SDP protocol identifier, 'TCP/TLS'.  It also defines the syntax
and semantics for an SDP 'fingerprint' attribute that identifies the
certificate that will be presented for the TLS session.  This
mechanism allows media transport over TLS connections to be
established securely, so long as the integrity of session
descriptions is assured.

This document extends and updates RFC 4145.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic