Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The SDP (Session Description Protocol) Content Attribute
	Author(s)	: J. Hautakorpi, G. Camarillo
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-04.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2006-7-11
	
This document defines a new Session Description Protocol (SDP) media-
level attribute, 'content'.  The 'content' attribute defines the
content of the media stream in more detailed level than the media
description line.  The sender of an SDP session description can
attach the 'content' attribute to one or more media streams.  The
receiving application can then treat each media stream differently
(e.g., show it on a big screen or small screen) based on its content.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:43:28 +0100

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media- 

The new text in this draft about txp states "This indicates that the  
media stream is originated from a textphone that is incapable of  
handling simultaneous two-way communication". I don't think that's  
appropriate: the draft is not about defining device capabilities, nor  
is it about requiring special behaviour from a device that receives  
these attributes.

As I have stated before, if there is a need to negotiate special  
behaviour for a text phone device, then an appropriate SDP attribute  
should be defined, with the appropriate semantics and well-defined  
offer/answer behaviour. A sub-parameter of "a=content:" is not the  
right place, however.

Colin

---

From: "Arnoud van Wijk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:13:50 +0200

Hello Colin,
I do not see any issue here.
This has NOTHING to do with negotiation at all. The content label is
specific to describe what the content of the media stream is.
It can be video for signlanguage, it can be an audio stream for the feedback
microphone from users in the conference room (and the other audio stream is
then the microphone of the MMUSIC chair and anoyther could be for the
presenattor etc etc).
So is txp indicating that the media stream is originated from a textphone
that is incapable of handling simultaneous two-way communication".

It has nothing to do with capability for the terminal that receives the
text/t140 stream. But the user will act upon it, and the UA may also act
upon it to change presentation or just alert the user.
Or just ignore it completely.

Now what Gunnar is talking about is about the contact header. NOT the
a=content:txp.
It has nothing to do with this draft at all.

Greetz

Arnoud

Arnoud A. T. van Wijk
AnnieS New Technology
www.AnnieS.nl
Mobile textphone (SIP): [email-masked]

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Colin Perkins [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: woensdag 19 juli 2006 14:43
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-
> 04.txt
> 

___________________________________________From [email-masked] Thu Jul 20 05:30:57 2006
From: "Arnoud van Wijk" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Colin Perkins'" <[email-masked]>,
	<[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-04.txt 
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:13:50 +0200
Cc: 

Hello Colin,
I do not see any issue here.
This has NOTHING to do with negotiation at all. The content label is
specific to describe what the content of the media stream is.
It can be video for signlanguage, it can be an audio stream for the feedback
microphone from users in the conference room (and the other audio stream is
then the microphone of the MMUSIC chair and anoyther could be for the
presenattor etc etc).
So is txp indicating that the media stream is originated from a textphone
that is incapable of handling simultaneous two-way communication".

It has nothing to do with capability for the terminal that receives the
text/t140 stream. But the user will act upon it, and the UA may also act
upon it to change presentation or just alert the user.
Or just ignore it completely.

Now what Gunnar is talking about is about the contact header. NOT the
a=content:txp.
It has nothing to do with this draft at all.

Greetz

Arnoud

Arnoud A. T. van Wijk
AnnieS New Technology
www.AnnieS.nl
Mobile textphone (SIP): [email-masked]

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Colin Perkins [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: woensdag 19 juli 2006 14:43
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-
> 04.txt
>