Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 4568 on Session Description Protocol (SDP) Security Descriptions for Media Streams

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:01:59 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4568

        Title:      Session Description Protocol (SDP) Security 
                    Descriptions for Media Streams 
        Author:     F. Andreasen, M. Baugher,
                    D. Wing
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      44
        Characters: 107881
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4568.txt

This document defines a Session Description Protocol (SDP)
cryptographic attribute for unicast media streams.  The attribute
describes a cryptographic key and other parameters that serve to
configure security for a unicast media stream in either a single
message or a roundtrip exchange.  The attribute can be used with a
variety of SDP media transports, and this document defines how to use
it for the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) unicast media
streams.  The SDP crypto attribute requires the services of a data
security protocol to secure the SDP message.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic