Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] How to indicate the RTSP client to use TCPtransportinstead of UDP?

From: "Jaehwan Kim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 17:49:25 +0900

>>Jaehwan Kim wrote:
>>11.   We need a new parameter when a new method is defined as 
>> independent TCP.  Because the characteristic of UDP is different 
>> from TCP, we can not simply convey RTP AS IS over TCP, 
>> thereby some other profile or a way of transport method should 
>> be defined. (snip)

>From: Kylin Wei [mailto:[email-masked]]
>I think this problem had been resolved in rfc2326bits.(snip)
>Please refer to section B.2.2 of rfc2326bits. (snip)

I see. The next 2326bis, version 14, would have RFC4571 more clearly. It
looks that SDP, example, syntax of Transport should be properly
refurnished, though.

Cheers,
Jaehwan

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Kylin Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 15:56:54 +0800

Jaehwan Kim wrote:
>11.   We need a new parameter when a new method is defined as independent
TCP.  >Because the characteristic of UDP is different from TCP, we can not
simply convey >RTP AS IS over TCP, thereby some other profile or a way of
transport method should >be defined. For instance,
RTP/AVP/TCP;unicast;foo-TCP  can be used. Then the >assumption of 10 would
be possible.

I think this problem had been resolved in rfc2326bits. A client codes the
support of RTP over independent TCP by specifying an RTP/AVP/TCP transport
option on the Transport line of a SETUP request that does not used the
interleaved parameter. Please refer to section B.2.2 of rfc2326bits.

Such as:
C->M: SETUP rtsp://example.com/twister.3gp/trackID=1 RTSP/2.0           
            Transport: RTP/AVP/TCP;unicast;dest_addr=":9"/":9"
                       setup=active;connection=new

Kylin Wei