Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE-10 is here!

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:21:20 -0400

Its slimmer!
Its simpler!
Its faster!
Its more optimal!
Its more efficient!

Its ICE-10, now available for your reading pleasure. Until it appears in 
the archives, you can pick it up at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-10.txt

The final algorithm thats in here has evolved a bit from what I 
presented during IETF. It is more or less a union of what Philip 
presented and what I presented.

The good news is that there has definitely been a huge simplification. 
The total spec length is down from 109 to 70 pages, and the normative 
text from 49 to 27 pages.

ICE-10 is also faster than ICE-09. MUCH faster. It avoids doing checks 
for RTCP until an RTP pair has been found, and does a simmilar kind of 
caching across media streams. This can be anywhere from 2-4 times as 
fast for multimedia.

It has also sacrificed nothing in terms of supported use cases compared 
to ice-09. In fact it supports a few more that ICE-09 didnt do.

ICE-10 also allows for media to be sent from answerer to offerer even 
prior to the answer being received by the offerer, as long as the nat 
topology will allow that. This fell out of the simplifications I applied.

We'll have a review call next week. Bridge information is pending. Not 
too many people have RSVP'd for the call, so if you plan on attending, 
please let me know.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic