Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE: moving forward plan

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:10:51 -0400

We had a good call today, with about 25 people in attendance. For those 
that could not make the call, a recording is available through the 
meetingplace URL:

http://meetingplace.cisco.com/join.asp?2203261

Overall, there seemed to be unanimous agreement that this draft was a 
good simplification over the previous versions (at least amongst those 
that had read the draft). Several people indicated that they had not 
read it due to the holiday weekend, which is understandable.

We did not get through the entire slide deck. In particular, we never 
got to the open issue discussion, though we touched on several of them 
throughout the call.

In order to continue the good progress on ICE, I proposed that we begin 
having weekly calls for the next few weeks. The purpose of these calls 
is to try and conclude on whatever open issues remain, and get a -11 
draft issued well in advance of the next meeting.

So, I will be doing two things:

1. sending out conference call inforamtion for pending weekly calls, 
which will continue until we have concluded the open issues

2. send mails on the various open issues to allow for discussion to 
happen there as well

On the first call in the sequence, I will finish going through the deck 
that overviews ICE and discuss the changes, and also give folks a chance 
to ask open ended questions on ICE-10 behavior. Hopefully, by doing this 
first call next week, folks will have a chance to complete a 
read-through of ICE-10.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic