Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE-11 now available

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:55:25 -0400

I've just submitted an update to ICE which reflects conclusions on some 
of the issues we've resolved so far. The primary one is on the formula 
for prioritization and this is the biggest change. I have done nothing 
in the draft regarding our ongoing debates on concluding ICE processing.

Until the draft appears, you can pick it up at:
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-11.txt

It is my intent still to complete our discussions on the remaining ICE 
open issues and submit a -12 prior to IETF that represents consensus 
around all known open issues.

Here are the specific changes in this version:

* added new priority computation equations and updated examples based
   on them

* defined separate check lists for each media stream; however the
   frozen algorithm remains as before, and will thus freeze all
   candidates in all but one of the check lists initially. That is,
   just because there are now check lists for each media stream, checks
   are not sent independently for each media stream. THe dependencies
   defined by the frozen algorithm are unchanged from -10

* note that component IDs generally have to go from 1 to 256

* fixed bug about whether peer derived type preferences are higher or
   lower than server reflexive - should be higher

* clarified in the section on stun response processing that the
   validated pair will usually be different than the check itself

* removed this feature whereby, when you received a packet, you only
   play it out if you had received a check on that candidate. This
   doesn't work with forking.

* mention that ICE itself provides a form of implicit preconditions,
   but note that it has less functionality then the preconditions
   spec.

* added a definition for Component

THanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic