Subject: [MMUSIC] Notes from October 17, 2006 ICE call

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:09:20 -0400

ICE Conference Call
October 17, 2006

Participants
------------

Jonathan Rosenberg
Philip Matthews
Cullen Jennings
Colin Perkins
Eric Rescorla
Derek MacDonald
Brian Stucker
Jean-Francois Mule

MacDonald-1:
Agree to use an explicit parameter to negotiate who is the controlling 
endpoint.
Parameter will always be present, with two values (controlling-able or
not).

Agree that if both sides indicate that they are passive, ICE is
basically not being utilized, as if one side did not support it. However,
each endpoint MUST be prepared to receive a stun check and generate a
response. Furthermore, it MAY generate a triggered check, and
MAY/SHOULD? delay sending media until a check succeeds in order to
prevent voice hammer.

MacDonald-2:

Agreeing to include ICE-lite profile as part of the main
specification. To deal with compliance, define two types of
implementatiosn - full
and lite, and describe appropriate complaince rules for each.

Matthews-X:

Raised on the call. Philip wants to split out the keepalive procedure
so something else could potentially be used for p2psip. Concerns that
you would need a normative reference to a baseline mechanism
anyway. Philip also wants to see failure recovery as part of the
mechanism, and we have agreed not to do that at this time.

Consensus was not to split out the keepalives.

Agree to put words in the document that say that the spec says nothing
about what to do if connectivity checks fail.

Issue #11:
Agree to make it inter-check pacing at 20ms, mention it has to be
configurable and probably should be slower for wireless.

Agree to suspend calls until the IETF meeting, and meet there
instead.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic