Subject: [MMUSIC] avt-profile-savpf-07 and duplicate m-lines

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 18:20:15 -0700

I noticed draft-ietf-avt-profile-savpf-07.txt was just posted.

In it, example 4 and 5 on pages 11-13 shows RTP and SRTP being offered on
the same port.  Example 5 clearly highlights the port overloading, but
example 4 does not highlight its port overloading; is this an error in the
document?  (note there are also two "Example 5", one starting on page 12 and
another starting on page 13).  

Based on the differences between -06 and -07 and the DISCUSS that I see on
the datatracker, this change was done due to IESG comments.  Neither of the
two individual submissions related to this problem --
draft-andreasen-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-00.txt or
draft-kaplan-mmusic-best-effort-srtp-00.txt -- use the syntax of Example 4
and Example 5 of -avt-profile-savpf.  It is my understanding that
interoperability problems exist with deployed equipment when it encounters
overloaded media lines as shown in Example 4 and 5.

Have the authors considered removing both examples 4 and 5, or at least
removing the UDP port overloading that is shown on the media lines of those
two examples?

-d

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic