Subject: [MMUSIC] Notes from October 10, 2006 ICE call

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:20:20 -0400

ICE Conference Call
October 6, 2006

Attendees:

Cullen Jennings
Jonathan Rosenberg
Kevin Johns
Eric Rescorla
Derek MacDonald
Colin Perkins
Kai Vehmanen
Philip Matthews
Jean-Francois Mule
Aaron Rosenberg

There was general agreement that the proposed compromise mechanism
(posted on the list today) was good and worth pursuing. There were
some comments that this may have been due to Rohan's absence on the
call ;)

We had a lot of discussion on whether the proposal really made it 
simpler for
PSTN gateways. Ekr wasn't convinced that the algorithm for selecting
who acts as the controller would really help. There were some
questions on whether there really was a need (i.e., a requirement) to
make it simpler for gateways to implement ICE. A few folks spoke in
support of that. Another related question was whether mechanisms for
ICE in gateways would be part of the ICE spec, somewhere else, or a
matter of local implementation. Jonathan suggested it was a matter of
local implementation and our job was to just make sure it was
possible. Derek preferred to have it documented.

Philip asked whether there had been any thought about whether the
algorithms we've agreed to so far worked for TCP. Jonathan indicated
that he had not really thought enough about it, and that clearly this
was needed.

We agreed to have one more call next Tueday to try and resolve the
remaining open issues prior to the non-00 deadline.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic