Subject: [MMUSIC] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-02.txt]

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:55:36 -0500

All,

The ZRTP I-D has been updated.  There are lots of changes in the 
document including:

- Discussion of how ZRTP compares using the criteria in 
draft-wing-rtpsec-keying-eval-01.txt

- Discovery and authentication of ZRTP through the signaling channel and 
the definitions and ABNF of three SDP attributes a=zrtp, a=zrtp-sas, 
a=zrtp-sasvalue.

- New Multistream key agreement mode allowing SRTP keys for multiple 
media streams in a session to be derived from a single  ZRTP DH exchange.

- CRC protection of ZRTP messages against transport errors using a 32 
bit CRC algorithm

- Use of RTP no-op packets instead of comfort noise packets

- Simplified shared secret comparison algorithm

- New Stay secure and Disclosure flags

- More details on caching of retained shared secrets including 
expiration intervals

- Removal of Error message - Reason field added to GoClear

- Discussion of the behavior of intermediary devices that might 
implement ZRTP

We will be discussing the changes in the ZRTP protocol in the AVT 
working group and the SDP attributes in MMUSIC.

As always, comments and feedback are most welcome.

Thanks,
Alan

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	I-D ACTION:draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-02.txt
Date: 	Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: ZRTP: Extensions to RTP for Diffie-Hellman Key Agreement for SRTP
	Author(s)	: P. Zimmermann, et al.
	Filename	: draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-02.txt
	Pages		: 52
	Date		: 2006-10-24
	
This document defines ZRTP, RTP (Real-time Transport Protocol) header
   extensions for a Diffie-Hellman exchange to agree on a session key
   and parameters for establishing Secure RTP (SRTP) sessions.  The ZRTP
   protocol is completely self-contained in RTP and does not require
   support in the signaling protocol or assume a Public Key
   Infrastructure (PKI) infrastructure.  For the media session, ZRTP
   provides confidentiality, protection against Man in the Middle (MitM)
   attacks, and, in cases where a secret is available from the signaling
   protocol, authentication.  ZRTP can utilize three Session Description
   Protocol (SDP) attributes to provide discovery and authentication
   through the signaling channel.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic