Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE-12: conditions for verifying ICE support

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:14:46 -0700

This is mostly a question for clarification on what conditions define
ICE is supported on the receiving side. I understand this text may be
affected by the pending consensus on the scope of ICE and resolution
w.r.t. the SBCs and hotel ALGs.

In section 6.1, page 22 of ice-12, it says:
|6.1.  Verifying ICE Support
|
| The answerer will proceed with the ICE procedures defined in this
| specification if the following are true:
|
# condition 1
| o  There is at least one a=candidate attribute for each media stream
|    in the offer it just received.
|
# condition 2
| o  For each media stream, at least one of the candidates is a match
|    for its respective in-use component in the m/c-line.

Doesn't the second condition suffice? 
In other words, is there a case where condition#2 is met but #1 is not?
Are these conditions equivalent to:
"For each media description, at least one candidate must be an in-use
candidate as defined in section 5.3."
I'm not sure your usage of "component" here means media stream component
(RTP component ID 1, etc.) or whether it points to an element of a
candidate (IP add, port, ...).

Also, it may help to clarify the use of "m/c-line" and may be expand it
as you may have multiple c lines, one for the session level, one for
each media description. This applies at several places in the document.
It may help to clarify the definition of "in-use" in section 5.3 to say
something like:
A candidate is defined as an "in-use" candidate in a media description
if its IP address appears in the associated c line and its port in the
related m line... 

Jean-Francois.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic