Subject: [MMUSIC] Design team for SDP capability negotiation (incl. negotiation aspects of best-effort SRTP)

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:44:57 -0500

Greetings

At the IETF 67 MMUSIC meeting last week, we discussed the negotiation 
issues around best-effort SRTP (i.e. negotiating use of RTP/AVP or 
RTP/SAVP), various other RTP profiles (e.g. RTP/AVPF), as well as other 
problems that require a broader SDP Capability Negotation framework than 
what is currently defined by SDP, current SDP extensions, and the 
offer/answer model. The guidance we received from the Area Directors was 
to view the problem more broadly than just best-effort SRTP (but not too 
broad, i.e. somewhere between status quo and SDPng/H.245 scope). To that 
effect we will be having a design-team around SDP capability negotiation 
with the goal of rapidly coming up with a single proposed solution for 
this problem space. My hope is that we will be able to have such an 
agreed upon proposal within the next 4-6 weeks and to achieve that, I 
expect the design team will need to have weekly conference calls during 
that period of time (plan for 2 hours each). We will keep discussion as 
well as progress (incl. minutes of conference calls) generally available 
on the MMUSIC list so people not on the design team can see what is 
going and chime in as well.

If you would like to be on this design team and plan to actively 
participate in this work over the next 4-6 weeks, please send me an 
e-mail to that effect. Also, please let me know if there are specific 
days and times of the week that absolutely do not work for you and I 
will try to find a timeslot that works for as many people as possible 
(all times in EDT time zone, i.e. GMT+5, please :-).

Thanks

       Flemming Andreasen

PS: The following people are currently signed up for the design team:

    Flemming Andreasen   
    Francois Audet
    Hadriel Kaplan
    Thomas Stach

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic