Subject: [MMUSIC] MSRP with RFC4154

From: "Christer Holmberg \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 13:05:38 +0100

Hi,

In draft-ietf-simple-message-sessions-16 the mechanism to negotiate the
direction of the TCP connection has been removed, and the specified
default behavior now says that the offerer sets up the TCP connection.

My question is: can I still use RFC4154 together with MSRP, to override
that default behavior?

In some cases, the answerer may be assumed to be located behind a NAT,
and must establish the TCP connection. In that case it would be good to
indicate that it must establish the connection.

Regards,

Christer

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 08:05:57 -0600

> My question is: can I still use RFC4154 together with MSRP, to  

There is wording in the MSRP draft to allow for using other  
standardized approaches to determine connection direction. However,  
if any interoperability in making such a choice  with a particular  
mechanism is expected, it might be worth a draft on the subject.

> indicate that it must establish the connection.

This is the primary use case for MSRP relays.