Subject: [MMUSIC] Comment on TCP ICE

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:59:28 +0200

Hi,

the TCP ICE spec changes the way TCP connection reestablishment works in
RFC 4145. RFC 4145 allows applications to close a TCP connection without
requiring a new offer/answer exchange. However, a new offer/answer
exchange is required to reestablish (i.e., repair) a connection.

TCP ICE, on the other hand, requires a new offer/answer exchange to
close a TCP connection, but does not require it to repair a connection.

The ICE TCP spec says:

   "Unlike RFC 4145, additional signaling is not required to repair a
    closed connection."

I believe that the ICE TCP spec needs to give a slightly longer
explanation about it so that implementers understand both differences.
Maybe an extra paragraph along the lines of this email.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic