Subject: [MMUSIC] File transfer draft, version -02 submitted

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 11:16:13 +0200

Hi:

We have just submitted version -02 of the file transfer draft.

Until it becomes available, you can find text and HTML versions at:

http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-garcia-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-02.txt
http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-garcia-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-02.html

And the tracked changes:

http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-garcia-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-01-to-02.html

This version tries to incorporate most of the comments we got during 
IETF 67. The most significant changes are:

- Range attribute now renamed to "file-range". Its relation to the MSRP 
byte-range is discussed as well.

- Hash algorithm representation is changed to use the IANA  Hash 
Function Textual Names registry (thanks to Jonathan Lennox for the tip). 
The HTML version of the draft contains a pointer to that registry.

- Disposition uses the existing 'render' disposition value and creates a 
new 'not-render' disposition value.

- IANA considerations section finally got filled.

Comments are welcome, as usually.

/Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
sip:[email-masked]
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 12:49:52 +0000

> We have just submitted version -02 of the file transfer draft.
...
> - IANA considerations section finally got filled.

The new version of SDP tightens the requirements to register SDP  
attributes. You need to provide slightly more information in the IANA  
considerations: see RFC 4566 section 8.2.4 for details.

Colin

---

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 15:09:07 +0200

> considerations: see RFC 4566 section 8.2.4 for details.

Point taken. A future revision will have an appropriate IANA 
considerations section. Thanks for the comment.

/Miguel