Subject: [MMUSIC] question regarding aggregate control

From: "Patankar, Sujay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:34:32 +0530

Hi,
In section 14.2 of RFC 2326, we see that a session under aggregate
control is being setup.
There is a single DESCRIBE request 
DESCRIBE rtsp://foo/twister RTSP/1.0

And two separate SETUP requests:
SETUP rtsp://foo/twister/audio RTSP/1.0
SETUP rtsp://foo/twister/video RTSP/1.0

Will the client have to send a single TEARDOWN like the DESCRIBE, or
will it have to send two separate TEARDOWNs, or is it for the client to
decide? 
Thanks,
Sujay.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Kylin Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 12:14:54 +0800

11.6 TEARDOWN

   The TEARDOWN client to server request stops the stream delivery for
   the given URI, freeing the resources associated with it. A TEARDOWN
   request MAY be performed on either an aggregated or a media control
   URI. However some restrictions apply depending on the current state.
   The TEARDOWN request SHALL contain a Session header indicating what
   session the request applies to.

   A TEARDOWN using the aggregated control URI or the media URI in a
   session under non-aggregated control (single media session) MAY be
   done in any state (Ready, and Play). A successful request SHALL
   result in that media delivery is immediately halted and the session
   state is destroyed. This SHALL be indicated through the lack of a
   Session header in the response.

   A TEARDOWN using a media URI in an aggregated session MAY only be
   done in Ready state. Such a request only removes the indicated media
   stream and associated resources from the session. This may result in
   that a session returns to non-aggregated control, due to that it only
   contains a single media after the requests completion.  A session
   that will exist after the processing of the TEARDOWN request SHALL in
   the response to that TEARDOWN request contain a Session header. Thus
   the presence of the Session header indicates to the receiver of the
   response if the session is still existing or has been removed.

Kylin Wei 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Patankar, Sujay [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 12:05 PM
> To: mmusic (E-mail)
> Subject: [MMUSIC] question regarding aggregate control
> 
> Hi,

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:32:13 +0100

Hi,

Sujay, I would recommend that you read the spec once more. I would also 
suggest that you have a look on how the RTSP 2.0 draft proposes to 
clarify things:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mmusic/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis/

However the answer to your question is actually in the parts you removed 
in the email. In 14.2 of RFC 2326 the two media streams are set up in 
aggregate control. Thus a single teardown on the aggregate control URI 
will remove all state for both media streams.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------