Subject: [MMUSIC] File transfer issue 50: Single hash

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:57:40 +0300

During the IETF meeting in Chicago, Jonathan indicated that the way the 
draft allows multiple hash algorithms creates an extra unneeded 
complexity. It would be easier to use a single hash algorithm, such as 
SHA-1.

Background: The hash is used for a double purpose:
a) unique file identification
b) verification of the correct reception of the file.

Bearing in mind the current complexity the endpoints need to deal with, 
when they support several hashing algorithms, I am ok with the 
suggestion. So, I recommend to use SHA-1 as the only hashing algorithm. 
Do people have concerns?

/Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Siemens Networks     Espoo, Finland

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic