Subject: [MMUSIC] Protocol Action: 'Security Preconditions for Session Description Protocol (SDP) Media Streams' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:34:17 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Security Preconditions for Session Description Protocol (SDP) Media 
   Streams '
   <draft-ietf-mmusic-securityprecondition-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-securityprecondition-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document defines a new security precondition for the Session  
Description Protocol precondition framework described in RFCs 3312  
and 4032.  A security precondition can be used to delay session  
establishment or modification until media stream security has been  
negotiated successfully.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This is a typical application of the SIP/SDP preconditions framework.  
There was no controversy surrounding the work, and it is needed by a  
range of SIP users.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by David Black (GEN-ART) and Jon
Peterson.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic