Subject: [MMUSIC] Submitted draft-polk-mmusic-dscp-attribute-02

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:40:48 -0600

MMUSIC

I have updated my SDP extension to allow an endpoint to set or modify 
a Per Hop Behavior (PHB).  This currently is described in a new 
"a=dscp" media level attribute.

Here is the link to the ID

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-mmusic-dscp-attribute-02.txt

As a reason for this, the TSVWG has an ID currently in WGLC that 
creates a new EF codepoint (here)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-admitted-realtime-dscp-04.txt

which means there needs to be a way to indicate which one is desired 
in SDP or other signaling.  I believe this needs to be at the 'per 
stream awareness' level. This means in SDP to me.

The main changes since the -01 version are

- removed all discussion of servers and intermediaries, including how 
they can initiate a change in DSCP values for any streams.

- changed the ability of the answerer to change the 'dscp' attribute 
in the answer, and what this means

- cleaned up text and fixed nits

I've already had a comment about this document's movement partially 
away from focusing on the DSCP values and more towards a PHB (by 
allowing several ways to identify which PHB to set a stream to).  In 
fact, a suggestion of changing the attribute name was given (to "a=phb-id").

Comments are appreciated on any of this, or anything within the ID.

James

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic