Subject: [MMUSIC] FW: New Version Notification for draft-begen-mmusic-fec-grouping-issues-00

From: "Ali Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 04:43:57 -0800

Hi everyone,

I submitted an informational draft explaining the issues related to FEC
grouping within SDP.

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-begen-mmusic-fec-grouping-issues-00.txt

Please share your comments.

-acbegen 

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 10:23 PM
To: Ali Begen (abegen)
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-begen-mmusic-fec-grouping-issues-00 

A new version of I-D, draft-begen-mmusic-fec-grouping-issues-00.txt has
been successfuly submitted by Ali Begen and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-begen-mmusic-fec-grouping-issues
Revision:	 00
Title:		 FEC Grouping Issues in Session Description Protocol
Creation_date:	 2008-02-14
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 12

Abstract:
The Session Description Protocol (SDP) currently supports grouping media
lines.  SDP also has semantics defined for grouping the associated
source and Forward Error Correction (FEC)-based repair flows.  However,
the existing specifications have strict requirements that severely limit
the use of the new features that are currently under development in the
FECFRAME WG.  These new features will allow applications to use FEC in a
more flexible way but they require changes in the current
specifications.  This document provides a list of the required changes
and discusses potential approaches to make these changes.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic