Subject: [MMUSIC] New version -07 of File Transfer Mechanism

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 22:04:25 +0200

Hi:

We have just submitted a new version of the file transfer mechanism 
draft. The draft is available in the typical repository:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-07.txt

The changes with respect version -06 are:

- New Section 8.4 describes how to abort a file transfer operation.
- Former Section 1.1 "Alternatives considered" is moved to an Appendix.
- The value of the file-transfer-id attribute is now a globally unique 
randomly created value. Before it was scoped to the duration of a 
session, but we feel safer making it globally unique, due to interaction 
of third party call controllers who can interact with the concept of a 
session.
- The ABNF RFC has been updated from RFC 4234 to RFC 5234.

Unfortunately, due to the move of the former Section 1.1 to an Appendix, 
the diff tool is not able to find the commonality between versions -06 
and -07, and it suggests that most of the draft has changed, which is 
not true. To mitigate this problem, and to help those who want to take a 
look at the actual changes, I have prepared an unofficial diff that was 
done before I moved Section 1.1 to an Appendix. Therefore, this diff 
reflects the real changes between both versions (except for moving 
Section 1.1 to an Appendix). This diff is available at:

http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/pre/draft-ietf-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-07b-from-6.html

/Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Siemens Networks     Espoo, Finland

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic