Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] FW: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mmusic-decoding-dependency-01.txt

From: Stefan Döhla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 17:44:42 +0100

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Schierl wrote:
>> 4- In Section 6.4: I was expecting some text accompanying the examples.
>> If I recall correctly, there was some confusion about these examples
>> reported my several people (including me)!
>>     
>
> Ok, we can do that. But I got the feeling that the mechanism itself wasn't
> understood correctly and for that reason there was a problem reading the
> examples. Anyway, we should add some informational text here.
>   
The payload type values in the examples are probably not allowed. In RTP 
there are no PTs >127 - and all the dynamic ones are in the range 
96-127. This applies to both examples in section 6.4. For the examples I 
think you should restrict to 96-127 for RTP.

Also, a better term could be used instead of "payload type" (I think I 
concure with Roni here), e.g "media format description" as used in 
RFC4566 on page 24 together with the mid attribute. However, the label 
attribute doesn't seem to be better than the mid attribute here, because 
label attributes are (as far as I understood this) on the same level as 
the mid attributes and apply to all media format descriptions (=payload 
types) inside a media stream.

- Stefan

-- 
Dipl.-Ing. Stefan Döhla     | Email: [email-masked]
Multimedia Transport        | Phone: +49 (0)9131 776 3014
Audio Department            | Fax:   +49 (0)9131 776 398
Fraunhofer IIS              |
Am Wolfmantel 33            |
91058 Erlangen, Germany     | Web:   http://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/amm

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Thomas Schierl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 23:30:31 +0100 (CET)

Dear Stefan,

Thanks for the feedback. See my comments inline.

>think you should restrict to 96-127 for RTP.

Sure, I already got this feedback at the Vancouver meeting. It just did
not make it into the draft.

>types) inside a media stream.

I agree, fmt is more correct. And, I guess lables aren't on the table
anymore.

Thomas

----
Visit us at

MMC 2008 / Berlin, Germany / 2 - 3 April 2008 / Hoersaal E009
http://mmc.hhi.de/

Photonics Europe / Strasbourg, France / 7-11 April 2008 / Booth 321
http://spie.org/photonics-europe.xml
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic