Subject: [MMUSIC] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-garcia-mmusic-sdp-cs-01.txt]

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:55:45 +0300

Hi:

We have just submitted a new version of the description in SDP of 
Circuit-Switched bearers in the PSTN, 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-garcia-mmusic-sdp-cs-01

We have an extensive number of changes with respect version -00, and a 
major restructure. Let me highlight now the most important topics 
covered in this version:

- New section 5.1 (Level of Compliance clarifies what MUST be 
implemented and what MAY be implemented.
- Mnemonics refer to "PSTN" rather than "CS".
- We used to have a description of codecs in the PSTN. The consensus 
indicates that it is useless, so we have removed them.
- Correlation mechanism: besides the original correlation mechanism 
based on the Caller-ID, we have added a new correlation mechanism based 
on the User-User Information Element of the PSTN signaling protocol.
- Added a new option-tag for the Capability Negotiation Framework to 
identify "these extensions".
- The mechanism to offer two alternative media streams now considers 
that there can be two (or more) potential configurations, typically RTP 
and PSTN, and allows to give lower priority to either of them.

Comments are highly appreciated.

/Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Siemens Networks     Espoo, Finland

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-garcia-mmusic-sdp-cs-01.txt
From: "ext [email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Conventions for the Use of the Session Description Protocol (SDP) for Circuit-Switched Bearer Connections in the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)
	Author(s)	: M. Garcia-Martin, S. Veikkolainen
	Filename	: draft-garcia-mmusic-sdp-cs-01.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2008-4-15
	
This memo describes use cases, requirements, and protocol conventions
   for using the Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer model
   for establishing circuit-switched bearer connections in the Public
   Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).  Additionally, this memo proposes
   conventions for using SDP and the SDP capability negotiation
   framework for expressing those circuit-switched bearer connections as
   alternatives to packet-switched streams.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-garcia-mmusic-sdp-cs-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: "Mahendran, AC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:20:22 -0700

Hi Miguel,

Regarding your draft on negotiating CS bearers in SDP, wouldn't it
suffice to specify this functionality as a single attribute, instead of
using the SDP negotiation framework? 

Something along the following lines...

a=cs-media <e.164 number> <setup> <connection> <corr-id>

a=cs-media +15xxxxxxxxx actpass new 2890W284hAT452612908awudfjang908

If the answerer does not understand this attribute, it would ignore the
attribute and would fall back to using the media type in the "m=audio"
line. 

Also, it is not clear why we need changes to the "c=" line and support
for "ccap" since these capabilities can be negotiated as new attributes,
even if the SDP capability negotiation is used.

Thanks,
AC

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Miguel Garcia
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:56 PM
To: mmusic
Subject: [MMUSIC] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-garcia-mmusic-sdp-cs-01.txt]

Hi:

/Miguel