Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] SETUP with SDP

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:36:35 +0200

[email-masked] skrev:
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> In case a Client want to setup a record session (Client sends stream to 
> Server), does it have to be done by sending  ANNOUNCE (with SDP) and 
> then SETUP to the server (as desdcribed in RFC2324 section 14.6)? or is 
> it possible to send only SETUP with SDP (contains session parameters)?
> 

Hi Amit,

There is a very good reason why RTSP 2.0 doesn't specify the record mode 
at all. It simply are so underspecified in RFC 2326 that it is very hard 
to do interoperable implementation. When it comes to sticking an SDP as 
a body in SETUP I would doubt that it work despite the text in section 
8. But I don't really know, I would simply try with a server that 
actually supports record.

8 Entity

    Request and Response messages MAY transfer an entity if not otherwise
    restricted by the request method or response status code.

PS. Please prefix your subject lines with RTSP: to make them easier to 
find when you have RTSP questions. DS.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Färögatan 6                | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic