Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] Abnormal termination

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:29:58 +0200

[email-masked] skrev:
> Hi All,
> 
> If during an active  stream the server wants to terminate the 
> connection. How should it inform the client?
> 
> (TEARDOWN is allowed only from Client to Server.)
> 

Hi,

To get some clarity, are you discussing closing the TCP connection that 
the RTSP messages are sent over? Or are you talking about terminating 
the RTSP session, and any ongoing (if any) media delivery? I guess you 
where asking about the later.

 From my point of view it is quite hard to do this gracefully with RTSP 
1.0. I think simply stop sending and then remove the session state after 
a while. If the client does teardown that is fine. If it sends another 
request you can do a redirect to null or an alternative server to 
indicate that you are not going to serve the client anymore.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Färögatan 6                | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic