Subject: [MMUSIC] WI/IAT'09: Call for Workshop Proposals (Milano, Italy)

From: "WI-IAT'09" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 02:32:52 +0900

[Apologies if you receive this more than once]

==============================================================
Call for Workshop Proposals

2009 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Joint Conference on 
Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology
(WI-IAT'09)

Milano, Italy, September 15-18, 2009

http://www.wi-iat09.disco.unimib.it/WI09/WIhome.htm
http://www.wi-iat09.disco.unimib.it/IAT09/IAThome.htm

*******************************************************************
Workshop Proposals Due: ** January 15 **, 2009

All papers accepted for workshops will be included in the Workshop
Proceedings published by the IEEE Computer Society Press, 
which are indexed by EI.
===================================================================

The Program Committees of the 2009 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Joint
Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology
(WI-IAT'09) invite proposals for Workshops. The Workshops will be held
within the Conference, September 15-18, 2009 at Milano, Italy.

The main goal of the WI-IAT'09 workshops is to stimulate and
facilitate active exchange, interaction and comparison of approaches,
methods and ideas related to specific topics, both theoretical and
applied, in the general areas related to Web Intelligence and
Intelligent Agent Technology. The workshops will provide an informal
setting where participants will have the opportunity to discuss
specific technical topics in an atmosphere that fosters the active
exchange of ideas.

The workshop organizers will be responsible for advertising the
workshop, forming the program committees, reviewing and selecting the
papers, and guaranteeing a high quality worthy of the prestige and
range of the Conference. All papers accepted for workshops will be
included in the Workshop Proceedings, which are expected to be
published by IEEE Computer Society Press and will be available at the
workshops.

The workshop organizers will also have the discretion of editing
selected papers (after their expansion and revision) into books or
special journal issues. Workshops may be full-day or half-day. A
full-day workshop should select 10-14 regular papers, while a half-day
workshop should select 5-7 regular papers, from a large number of
submissions.  Submissions accepted as workshop papers will be
allocated 4 pages in the proceedings.  The workshop organizers should
ensure the presence of authors of accepted papers at the workshops.
Optionally, the workshop may be started or concluded by a panel
focusing on interesting aspects, controversial issues, or unsolved
problems to stimulate lively, thoughtful, and thought-provoking
debate; we expect the workshop organizers to actively engage the
audience and help them gain a deeper understanding of the issues. The
goal of a panel is to debate and thus panels should always reflect
more than one point of view.

*** Workshop Topics

Each workshop subject will focus on new research challenges and
initiatives in Web Intelligence (WI) and Intelligent Agent Technology
(IAT). The workshops should provide an informal and vibrant forum for
researchers and industry practitioners to share their research results
and practical development experiences in these two fields. Suggested
workshop topics include, but are not limited to:

- Web Intelligence, Brain Informatics and Cognition-inspired Computing 
- Intelligent e-Technology (including e-Science, e-Business, e-Learning, 
  e-Finance, e-Government, e-Community) 
- Intelligent Web Interaction 
- Knowledge Grids and Grid Intelligence 
- Semantics and Ontology Engineering 
- Social Networks and Social Intelligence 
- Web Agents 
- Web Information Filtering and Retrieval 
- Web Mining and Farming 
- Web Monitoring and Change
- Web Personalization and Recommendations 
- Web Scale Reasoning
- Web Security, Integrity, Privacy and Trust 
- Web Services and Grid Services 
- Web Support Systems 
- World Wide Wisdom Web (W4) 
- Intelligent Web Querying
- Agent Systems Modeling and Methodology 
- Autonomous Knowledge and Information Agents 
- Autonomous Auctions and Negotiation 
- Autonomy-Oriented Computing (AOC) 
- Learning and Self-Adapting Agents 
- Agents and Data Mining Interaction 
- Multiagent Systems in e-Business

*** Workshop Proposal Submission

Workshop proposals should include the following elements: 

- Title of the workshop 
- The organizers name, affiliation, mailing address and e-mail address 
- A description of the topic of the workshop (not exceeding 200 words) 
- Type of the workshop (full-day or half-day) 
- A description of how the workshop will contribute to the field of
  Web Intelligence and/or Intelligent Agent Technology 
- A short description on how the workshop will be advertised so as to
  ensure a sufficiently wide range of authors and high quality papers
- Optionally, only for full-day workshops, the title of a proposed panel,
  with a brief description highlighting the reasons of interest of the
  issues to be debated 

After the acceptance of a workshop proposal the organizer(s) should: 

- Create a Call for papers/participation for the workshop 
- Create a Web page for the workshop, the link of which will be published
  on the Conference Web site 
- Create a Board of Reviewers (Program Committee) 
- Review and select papers 
- Schedule the workshop activities.

Those papers selected by a workshop organizer will also be reviewed by
the Workshop Co-Chairs for final acceptance.

All submitted papers will be reviewed on the basis of technical quality,
relevance, significance, and clarity.

We will provide an online paper submission and review system to support
the workshops.

*** Important Dates 

- Workshop proposal submission due: January 15, 2009
- Notification to workshop proposers: January 25, 2009 
- Each Workshop Organizer Sends out Call for Workshops
  Papers: February 5, 2009 
- Due date for full workshop papers submission (4 pages): April 30, 2009 
- Final acceptance by Workshop Co-Chairs: June 10, 2009 
- Notification of paper acceptance to authors: June 8, 2009 
- Camera-ready of accepted papers: June 30, 2009 
- Workshop day: September 15, 2009

*** Workshop proposal submissions

The above described workshop proposals must be submitted via e-mail
([email-masked]).

We look forward to your support in making 2009 IEEE/WIC/ACM WI-IAT'09
workshops an exciting event.

*** Workshop Co-Chairs: 

- Paolo Boldi, DSI, Universita' degli Studi di Milano (boldi [at> dsi.unimi.it)
- Giuseppe Vizzari, DISCO, Universita' degli Studi di Milano Bicocca 
  (vizzari [at> disco.unimib.it)

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic