Subject: [MMUSIC] Popularity of supporting RTCP extended report (RFC3611) in voip phone/video phone

From: Richard Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 16:12:26 +0800

Hi All,
    I would like to know the popularity of supporting RFC3611 in current 
voip phone/video phone. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Richard

Senior Engineer
ASTRI

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This message (including any attachments) is for the named
addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential,
private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a
specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are
not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies
of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it
and notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of
this message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 10:18:10 +0200

Hi,

you should address this question to the AVT group.
(CC'ed).

Joerg

---

From: "Paul E. Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:24:20 -0500

Richard,

You might be asking the wrong question.  I personally do not care how widely
implemented it is: it ought to be implemented more widely.  Heck, even RTCP
is not as widely implemented (or at least used) as it ought to be.  

RCTP XR can help to provide important statistics that can be used to improve
call quality and diagnosing network issues.  For example, H.323 has the
wherewithal to report the RTCP XR data to the Gatekeeper at the end of the
call.  The Gatekeeper can then feed that to back-end call processing systems
that can alert operators to network issues and to routing engines that use
that information to route calls to avoid problematic network links or
devices.

Paul

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Joerg Ott
> Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 3:18 AM
> To: Richard Wu
> Cc: Fu Siu Ming Claudio; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [AVT] [MMUSIC] Popularity of supporting RTCP extended
> report (RFC3611) in voip phone/video phone
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Audio/Video Transport Working Group
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
>

---

From: "Jaehwan Kim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 10:28:01 +0900

Hi,
If video phone means 3GPP compliant streaming solution...
RTCP XR is a part of 3GPP PSS specification.
I know one phone manufacturer supports it and some streaming servers
support it as well. 

Cheers,
Jaehwan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Paul E. Jones
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 1:24 AM
To: 'Joerg Ott'; 'Richard Wu'
Cc: 'Fu Siu Ming Claudio'; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [AVT] [MMUSIC] Popularity of supporting RTCP extended
report(RFC3611) in voip phone/video phone

Richard,

You might be asking the wrong question.  I personally do not care how
widely
implemented it is: it ought to be implemented more widely.  Heck, even
RTCP
is not as widely implemented (or at least used) as it ought to be.  

RCTP XR can help to provide important statistics that can be used to
improve
call quality and diagnosing network issues.  For example, H.323 has the
wherewithal to report the RTCP XR data to the Gatekeeper at the end of
the
call.  The Gatekeeper can then feed that to back-end call processing
systems
that can alert operators to network issues and to routing engines that
use
that information to route calls to avoid problematic network links or
devices.

Paul