Subject: [MMUSIC] How to produce the m= for the re-offer with ICE?

From: Olivier Crête <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:09:58 -0500

Hello,

We're implementing ICE in libnice[1] and we have a problem finding what
candidates are we receiving data on, so that we can put the right thing
in the m= line in the offer that contains a=remote-candidates. Since
they're all sending to the same port, we have no way of knowing.

Looking at other implementations, it seems that Microsoft added an extra
attribute to their STUN packets with the foundation of the candidates it
sent to, so they can find which one is the right one.

[1] http://nice.freedesktop.org/

-- 
Olivier Crête
[email-masked]
Collabora Ltd

---

From: "Rémi Denis-Courmont" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:44:40 +0200

> they're all sending to the same port, we have no way of knowing.

The peer includes your address/port in the STUN Binding Response XOR-MAPPED-
ADDRESS attribute. From that you can infer what your re-offer m= line should 
be.

-- 
Rémi Denis-Courmont
Maemo Software, Nokia Devices R&D