Subject: [MMUSIC] draft-ietf-mmusic-image-attributes-00

From: "Ingemar Johansson S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 16:59:26 +0100

Hi

A new version of the image attribute draft has been submitted (now a WG draft)
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mmusic/draft-ietf-mmusic-image-attributes/

The main change is that the syntax has been changed to ABNF, moreover most of the open issues from the individual -02 version has been sorted out. 

Abstract
   This document proposes a new generic session setup attribute to make
   it possible to negotiate different image attributes such as image
   size.  A possible use case is to make it possible for a e.g a low-end
   hand-held terminal to display video without the need to rescale the
   image, something that may consume large amounts of memory and
   processing power.  The draft also helps to maintain an optimal
   bitrate for video as only the image size that is desired by the
   receiver is transmitted.

Comments are welcome
Regards
Ingemar

******************************************* 
Ingemar Johansson 
Senior Research Engineer, IETF "nethead" 
EAB/TVP - Multimedia Technologies 
Ericsson Research Ericsson AB 
Box 920 S-971 28 Luleå, Sweden 
Tel: +46 (0)10 7143042 
ECN: 852-43042 
ECC: 852-19042
Mobile: +46 (0)730 783289 
Visit http://labs.ericsson.com !
*******************************************