Subject: [MMUSIC] Non-standard RTSP extensions

From: Alex Giladi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:52:17 -0700

Hi

As far as I know, there are several non-normative extensions to RTSP
1.0, used by some VOD vendors.
Are there any specs on these?

Thanks!

Alex.

---

From: Rémi Denis-Courmont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 21:00:12 +0200

> Are there any specs on these?

Not at IETF. IIRC, Microsoft has published "their" RTSP with the rest of their 
network protocol interoperability specifications. I don't know if 3GPP has 
defined any extensions but you should be able to check easily from their 
website, but it is not a "vendor" anyway.

I am not aware of any specs from Apple, Real and Amino. Other vendors that I 
know follow RFC2326 proper.

-- 
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://git.remlab.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc-courmisch.git;a=summary

---

From: Alex Giladi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:03:29 -0700

Remi,

Thanks a lot!

Do you know if there anything specific to Kasenna / Seachange / nCube?

Alex.

---

From: Rémi Denis-Courmont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 21:04:53 +0200

> Do you know if there anything specific to Kasenna / Seachange / nCube?

The answer to that question was in the original mail. No.

---

From: Joe Pallas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:37:56 -0800

> Do you know if there anything specific to Kasenna / Seachange / nCube?

Several VOD vendors implement a non-standard ANNOUNCE behavior that  
was described in a now-expired internet draft named draft-sheedy- 
mmusic-rtsp-ext-01.

joe