Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-20.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 09:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Real Time Streaming Protocol 2.0 (RTSP)
	Author(s)       : H. Schulzrinne, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-20.txt
	Pages           : 284
	Date            : 2009-03-09

This memorandum defines RTSP version 2.0 which obsoletes RTSP version
1.0 which is defined in RFC 2326.

The Real Time Streaming Protocol, or RTSP, is an application-level
protocol for setup and control of the delivery of data with real-time
properties.  RTSP provides an extensible framework to enable
controlled, on-demand delivery of real-time data, such as audio and
video.  Sources of data can include both live data feeds and stored
clips.  This protocol is intended to control multiple data delivery
sessions, provide a means for choosing delivery channels such as UDP,
multicast UDP and TCP, and provide a means for choosing delivery
mechanisms based upon RTP (RFC 3550).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-20.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:42:22 +0100

Hi,

Martin and I have been working hard on this new revision. There are
proposals for all known issues. This has resulted in quite a lot of new
text, 35 pages actually. What we failed to do was a proper consistency
review. That we will work on that next.

The diff is large, an may actually not be so useful due to a lot of
small changes or reorganization of sections etc:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mmusic/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-20-from-19.diff.html

I hope people can review the new draft and provide feedback on anything:

- The new proposals
- Found inconsistencies
- Things that still are not clear.
- If there are any feature that absolutely must be in the core spec?
  This will be your last chance to raise them.

We will have agenda time on SFO. To have any discussion there we need to
know what you see as issues that needs to discuss. So please send
feedback to the list.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------