Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] ICE + TURN permissions

From: Philip Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:25:17 -0400

Yes.
This is one of the things that needs to be added before the ICE spec  
gets published.

- Philip

On Sun, 17-May-09, at 19:36 , Simon Perreault wrote:

> Hello,
>
> ICE doesn't mention how the UA installs permissions related to the  
> TURN
> allocation. It definitely should. I think it doesn't because explicit
> TURN permissions are a fairly new feature, departing from the original
> implicit permissions model.
>
> Thanks,
> Simon
> -- 
> STUN/TURN server    --> http://numb.viagenie.ca
> Interplanetary news --> http://reeves.viagenie.ca
> vCard 4.0           --> http://www.vcarddav.org
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
>

---

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:10:00 -0600

Hi,

   Can one of you propose some text changes to the list to address this
issue re: UA and explicit TURN permissions (section, new proposed txt,
etc)?
Just want to make sure this gets reviewed given the late stage and
recorded by Jonathan.

Thanks,
Jean-Francois

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of Philip Matthews
> Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:25 PM
> To: Simon Perreault
> Cc: mmusic WG
> Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] ICE + TURN permissions
> 
> Yes.

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:49:02 -0400

> issue re: UA and explicit TURN permissions (section, new proposed txt,

Let me take a shot at it...

- Create a new section between 5.3 and 5.4 with the following text:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
5.4. Installing TURN Permissions

If relayed candidates have been gathered, it is necessary to install or 
refresh permissions on the TURN allocations for the offerer's 
candidates. The agent MUST send a CreatePermission request (see 
[draft-ietf-behave-turn-15], Section 9) to each TURN server on which it 
gathered a relayed candidate. Each candidate received from the offerer 
is encoded as a XOR-PEER-ADDRESS parameter.

5.4.1 Keeping Permissions Alive

Once permissions are installed, they MUST be kept alive until ICE 
processing has completed, as described in Section 8.3. The keepalive 
MUST be a CreatePermission request. Once ICE processing has completed, 
the agent MAY bind a channel to the nominated remote candidate using the 
ChannelBind request if the nominated local candidate is relayed. From 
this moment, the keepalive MUST be a ChannelBind request.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Create a new section between 6.2 and 6.3 with the following text:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
6.3. Installing TURN Permissions

The process for installing TURN permissions at the offerer is identical 
to the process followed by the answerer, as described in Section 5.4.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Simon