Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 5576 on Source-Specific Media Attributes in the Session Description Protocol (SDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:55:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5576

        Title:      Source-Specific Media Attributes in the 
                    Session Description Protocol (SDP) 
        Author:     J. Lennox, J. Ott,
                    T. Schierl
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 40454
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-source-attributes-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5576.txt

The Session Description Protocol (SDP) provides mechanisms to
describe attributes of multimedia sessions and of individual media
streams (e.g., Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) sessions) within a
multimedia session, but does not provide any mechanism to describe
individual media sources within a media stream.  This document
defines a mechanism to describe RTP media sources, which are
identified by their synchronization source (SSRC) identifiers, in
SDP, to associate attributes with these sources, and to express
relationships among sources.  It also defines several source-level
attributes that can be used to describe properties of media sources.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute