Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] GET_PARAMETER for keep-alive in RTSP 2.0?

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 16:25:54 +0200

Jose Rey skrev:
> But I don't really need parameters for keep-alive. An empty body is good enough...so is that still a problem? 
> 

I woulds say that it simply has been missed to be included in 10.5. If
you read Section 13.8 it does say that it is allowed. I will correct
this in the XML source so it will be included in the next version.

Thanks for spotting this inconsistency.

cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 16:36:26 +0200

A follow up question to the WG!

I added GET_PARAMETER to the list in Section 10.5. However, I did it
under a separate bullet so that I could avoid having multiple methods
being RECOMMENDED for RTSP session keep-alive. Is GET_PARAMETER more
commonly implemented and should be the recommended method instead of
SET_PARAMETER?

Magnus

Magnus Westerlund skrev:
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund