Subject: [MMUSIC] WGLC: draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-22

From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 19:19:18 +0300

Folks,

as agreed in Stockholm, we are issuing working group last
call on the revised RTSP spec, draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-22
heading for Proposed Standard.
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-22)

The WGLC will expire in four weeks, on 19 Oct 2009.

We know that this is a long spec, the more important is it
to receive thorough review by the community.  While we have
three volunteer reviewers (thanks again!), we urge everyone
who cares to provide detailed feedback.

Please review the document and post your comments to the
MMUSIC list and/or the authors.

Thanks,
Joerg

MMUSIC co-chair

---

From: "Y.J. Gu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:45:16 +0800

Hi all,
According to the discussion in the mailing list, there exist some confusions
on proxy and CSeq. I conclude the confusions as below. Pls feel free to
correct my understanding.

1.  How Cseq series should be organized on proxy when the proxy aggregates
several RTSP sessions. Magnus has answered this question and I suggest to
make the text in Section 16.19 clearer. 

2.  Is Cseq a good way to matching responses to requests if the requests are
pipelined? I have gave an implementation and explains that Cseq could work
but relies on the TCP connection in some case. Pls refer to my post in
2009-9-10. I think, as a protocol, RTSP should not bind tightly to any
transport protocol. 

So I suggest that we expand on the proxies charter. How about adding a
subsection 17.2 to discuss Proxy aggregating multiple RTSP sessions and give
another optional solution other than Cseq. Cseq is useful in some cases, but
might there be an easier and clearer one that can also achieve the goal? My
gut feeling is that a local identifier, generated by proxy and included
without change in both request and response, may help proxy match
requests&responses. Proxies assign a local identifier to each new session.
Cseq can be used as well for any intention rather than matching R/r. 

Regards

Yingjie Gu

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Joerg Ott
> Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 12:19 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: Magnus Westerlund; Jean-Francois Mule; Martin Stiemerling
> Subject: [MMUSIC] WGLC: draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-22
> 
> Folks,
> 
> call on the revised RTSP spec, 
> draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-22 heading for Proposed Standard.
> We know that this is a long spec, the more important is it to 
> receive thorough review by the community.  While we have 
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: "HAAS Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:23:47 +0200

Hello all!

I've read through the draft (skipping the syntax definitions) and found only
minor issues regarding wording, typos and consistency so far, which I already
sent to Magnus directly.

I will try to find some time during the upcoming days for a dedicated check
of the syntax.

Regards,
ch
____________________________________________________
Christian Haas
Team DIVOS, Software Engineer
FREQUENTIS AG

Innovationsstraße 1, 1100 Vienna, Austria
Phone   +43-1-811 50 - 8353
Mobile   +43-664-60 850 - 8353
Fax       +43-1-811 50 - 77 8353
Web      www.frequentis.com
E-Mail    [email-masked]
 
Handelsgericht Wien (Vienna Commercial Court): FN 72115 b
DVR 0364797, ATU 14715600
____________________________________________________
Diese E-Mail könnte vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen
enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail
irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und
vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte
Weitergabe dieser E-Mail sind nicht gestattet.
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please
notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised
copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is
strictly forbidden. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Joerg Ott
Sent: Sonntag, 20. September 2009 18:19
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Magnus Westerlund; Jean-Francois Mule; Martin Stiemerling
Subject: [MMUSIC] WGLC: draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-22

Folks,

as agreed in Stockholm, we are issuing working group last call on the revised
RTSP spec, draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-22 heading for Proposed Standard.
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-22)

We know that this is a long spec, the more important is it to receive
thorough review by the community.  While we have three volunteer reviewers
(thanks again!), we urge everyone who cares to provide detailed feedback.

Please review the document and post your comments to the MMUSIC list and/or
the authors.

Thanks,
Joerg

MMUSIC co-chair