Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 14:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An Extension to the Session Description Protocol (SDP) for Media Loopback
	Author(s)	: C. Sivachelvan, N. Venna, P. Jones, N. Stratton, A. Roychowdhury, K. Hedayat
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback-11.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2009-10-7
	
The wide deployment of Voice over IP (VoIP), Real-time Text and 
    Video over IP services has introduced new challenges in managing 
    and maintaining voice/real-time Text/video quality, reliability, 
    and overall performance.  In particular, media delivery is an area 
    that needs attention.  One method of meeting these challenges is 
    monitoring the media delivery performance by looping media back to 
    the transmitter.  This is typically referred to as "active 
    monitoring" of services.   Media loopback is especially popular in 
    ensuring the quality of transport to the edge of a given VoIP, 
    Real-time Text or Video over IP service.  Today in networks that 
    deliver real-time media, short of running 'ping' and 'traceroute' 
    to the edge, service providers are left without the necessary tools 
    to actively monitor, manage, and diagnose quality issues with their 
    service.  The extension defined herein adds new SDP media 
    attributes which enables establishment of media sessions where the 
    media is looped back to the transmitter. Such media sessions will 
    serve as monitoring and troubleshooting tools by providing the 
    means for measurement of more advanced VoIP, Real-time Text and 
    Video Over IP performance metrics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 02:34:24 -0600

At the last IETF meeting in July, we discussed the status of your
draft.
See the WG meeting notes in the proceedings.
Hadriel mentioned that there were a few comments that had not been
addressed and the action was for Hadriel to sync up with you and work on
the changes to get the draft ready for publication request.

  I just looked at the ID update you submitted this week using the diff
on tools.ietf.org.
All I can see in draft-11 is:
	- the I-D date and company refresh for two of the authors
	- the addition of some text in the Copyright Notice:
"Code Components extracted from this
document must include Simplified BSD License text as described in	
Section 4.e of the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without	
warranty as described in the BSD License."

   Can the authors go through the list of open comments and close them
by sending a summary to the mmusic list?
In particular, those comments referred by  Hadriel at the mike in
Stockholm?
  
A draft update with draft-12 addressing the last comments received would
be appreciated.

Thank you,
Jean-Francois
MMUSIC co-chair.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 3:30 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback-
> 11.txt
>

---

From: "Kaynam Hedayat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:42:06 -0400

Jean-Francois,

We will follow-up with Hadriel and others to close the remaining items
raised and will provide a summary to the mailing list.

Regards,
Kaynam

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Jean-Francois Mule
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 4:34 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [MMUSIC] Update of draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback-11.txt

  

Thank you,
Jean-Francois
MMUSIC co-chair.

> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic