Subject: [MMUSIC] Question about 3388bis-04

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:12:32 -0800

The new version has a "SHOULD" language saying that:

In Section 12: 

   o  Token to be used within the group attribute.  This token may be of
      any length, but SHOULD be no more than four characters long.

Any particular reason why this was added?

-acbegen

---

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 07:38:28 -0700

> Any particular reason why this was added?

I screened the IESG comments recently received on the draft since I
recalled some comments that led to the reference of RFC 5234 and 4566
for the definition of token in aBNF.  I did not find any justifications
though for recommending the token length be no more than 4 chars.

One reason might be to limit the variable type to optimize the
implementations but that seems far reaching given the SDP parsers I
know.

Jean-Francois.