Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 5245 on Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE): A Protocol for Network Address Translator (NAT) Traversal for Offer/Answer Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:35:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5245

        Title:      Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE): A 
                    Protocol for Network Address Translator (NAT) 
                    Traversal for Offer/Answer Protocols 
        Author:     J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      117
        Characters: 285120
        Obsoletes:  RFC4091, RFC4092

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-19.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5245.txt

This document describes a protocol for Network Address Translator
(NAT) traversal for UDP-based multimedia sessions established with
the offer/answer model.  This protocol is called Interactive
Connectivity Establishment (ICE).  ICE makes use of the Session
Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) protocol and its extension,
Traversal Using Relay NAT (TURN).  ICE can be used by any protocol
utilizing the offer/answer model, such as the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC