Subject: [MMUSIC] FLUTE-SDP under pre-RFC update - comments welcome!

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 17:37:00 +0200

Hi All

We are currently updating FLUTE-SDP in RMT ready for taking to standards 
track. The ancient version is here:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mehta-rmt-flute-sdp-05

We aim to have an 06 this week, and probably an 07 before WGLC.

Comments are welcome!

Cheers, Rod Walsh.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 19:06:21 +0200

Hi All

1. Can someone clarify bandwidth modifier usage with slash notation. 
i.e. AS and TIAS meaning at session and media level are well enough 
specified, but SDP use of slash notation (IP/TTL/number_of_IPs, 
port/number_of_ports) leads to an ambiguous situation. e.g. if an SDP 
has 2 m= lines, the first has one port and one IP address (on a c= line) 
but the second uses slash notation to specify two IP addresses then we 
have 3 media flows. AS or TIAS at media level can specify bandwidth for 
the first but for the 2nd and 3rd we have no specification text to 
disambiguate! The most obvious option is to make the AS or TIAS specify 
the maximum summation of the 2nd and 3rd flows. But is there any example 
that deals with separately specifying bandwidth per flow of a media line?

2 (& 2.5). SDP provides guidence that session identifiers should not be 
reused until 30 minutes after the session t= end time (and likewise from 
before the start time). Is this considered best practice and widely 
used? What is the underlying assumption on clock synchronisation between 
source and sink? When the time is unbounded at start or end (i.e. = 0), 
how - if at all - is that 30 minute guidance used?

Thanks in advance,
Rod Walsh.