Subject: [MMUSIC] Definition of Message Body in draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 10:29:08 -0400

I find the definition of Message Body in Section 3.2 of 
draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis very confusing. The message body in RFC 822/2822 
and in SIP is the part after the empty line. What I suggest is to have two 
definitions:

Message Body: the part of the message, if any, that follows the empty line 
terminating the message header. See also "Qualified Message Body".

Qualified Message Body: the combination of the message body (as defined above) 
and the message-body header fields within the message header. The message-body 
header fields provide meta-information about the message body.

Comments?

Tom Taylor

---

From: "Martin Stiemerling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:18:42 +0200

Hi Tom,

Section 3.2 gives solely the human readable definition but does not touch the semantics and syntax. However, it may be a good idea to add your proposed "Message Body" text to Section 3.2.

  Martin

[email-masked]

NEC Laboratories Europe - Network Research Division
NEC Europe Limited | Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL | Registered in England 2832014 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tom Taylor [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 4:29 PM
> To: mmusic; Martin Stiemerling
> Subject: Definition of Message Body in draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis
>