Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 5898 on Connectivity Preconditions for Session Description Protocol (SDP) Media Streams

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:33:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5898

        Title:      Connectivity Preconditions for Session Description 
                    Protocol (SDP) Media Streams 
        Author:     F. Andreasen, G. Camarillo,
                    D. Oran, D. Wing
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 38969
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-connectivity-precon-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5898.txt

This document defines a new connectivity precondition for the Session
Description Protocol (SDP) precondition framework.  A connectivity
precondition can be used to delay session establishment or
modification until media stream connectivity has been successfully
verified.  The method of verification may vary depending on the type
of transport used for the media.  For unreliable datagram transports
such as UDP, verification involves probing the stream with data or
control packets.  For reliable connection-oriented transports such as
TCP, verification can be achieved simply by successful connection
establishment or by probing the connection with data or control
packets, depending on the situation.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC