Subject: [MMUSIC] NomCom 2010-2011: Call for More Nominations

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:30:43 -0400

Hi MMUSIC'ers

Please see the note below and see if you can suggest one or more 
nominations, as more are needed.

Thanks

-- Flemming

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: NomCom Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 6:26 PM
Subject: NomCom 2010-2011: Call for More Nominations
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>

Hi Folks,

Nominations have slowed down dramatically, so this update is to enlist
the community in an effort to pick up the pace.

We are very far behind in nominations for all the open positions but in
particular we need nominations for the IESG and IAOC open positions.
There have been no nominations received (other than for the incumbents)
in INT, RAI, and RTG, and only 1 for OPS.  Likewise, in IAOC there have
been no nominations submitted other than the incumbent.

The acceptance rates of those nominated has also been very slow. In
order to initiate the open list of willing nominees we are in need of a
reasonable number of acceptances, and due to the low number of nominees
and acceptances have delayed the start date for publishing the first
open list to September 20.  So if you have been nominated and are
willing to serve, but have not yet confirmed this by email back to the
NomCom, please do so as soon as possible.

We need Community input and participation! We cannot properly execute
the task of selecting the best candidates for these positions with so
few nominations and acceptances. So, please consider making
nominations for the open positions, in particular those for which we
have so few nominations – it takes just a few minutes of your time.
Right now, we just need the names/email addresses.

Why do we need more nominations?  Well, even if you think a willing
incumbent is doing a very good job and should be returned, his or her
ability to serve again might be impacted by unforeseen circumstances
between now and March. NomCom needs to consider multiple nominees to be
prepared in the event one or more candidates is unable to serve come next
March and to ensure we have chosen the best candidate.

There are several ways you can help the IETF Nominating Committee.

- You may nominate yourself.
- You can nominate someone you know whom you think would do a good job.

Do not worry about whether they might already be nominated. We would
much prefer to receive the same nomination several times rather than
miss a good person we should consider.

How to submit Nominations:
--------------------------
The list of positions we need to fill, and the provided Job
Descriptions, and forms for nominations, can be found in the call for
nominations at: https://datatracker.ietf.org/ann/nomcom/2468/

You may enter a nomination by going to the following URL
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/10/nominate

You may also nominate someone by sending an email to [email-masked]
and giving us their name, email address and the open position you are
nominating them for. We will take care of the rest.

If you are asked for a user name and password, use an existing ietf login
and password. If you need a login and password, request one from the tools
page at the following URL http://trac.tools.ietf.org/newlogin

Open List:
----------
As you already know, NomCom 2010-2011 will follow the policy for "Open
Disclosure of Willing Nominees" described in RFC 5680.

Feedback Collection:
--------------------
Once the open list is available, the entire community will be invited
to provide feedback. I will send a further announcement requesting
feedback on the nominees, describing how to submit feedback, and how to
view the open list of nominees.

Thank you,

Thomas Walsh
Chair, NomCom 2010-2011
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce