Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 5956 on Forward Error Correction Grouping Semantics in the Session Description Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:06:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5956

        Title:      Forward Error Correction Grouping Semantics 
                    in the Session Description Protocol 
        Author:     A. Begen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 29530
        Obsoletes:  RFC4756

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4756bis-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5956.txt

This document defines the semantics for grouping the associated
source and FEC-based (Forward Error Correction) repair flows in the
Session Description Protocol (SDP).  The semantics defined in this
document are to be used with the SDP Grouping Framework (RFC 5888).
These semantics allow the description of grouping relationships
between the source and repair flows when one or more source and/or
repair flows are associated in the same group, and they provide
support for additive repair flows.  SSRC-level (Synchronization
Source) grouping semantics are also defined in this document for
Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) streams using SSRC multiplexing.
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC