Subject: [MMUSIC] Progressing draft-loreto-mmusic-sctp-sdp-06

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 15:01:13 +0200

Folks,

[as an individual]

the following draft allows offer/answer exchanges to establish streams
that are transported by SCTP.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-loreto-mmusic-sctp-sdp-06

We need to decide what to do with the draft, whether to let it die or to
progress it. The ability to describe SCTP-based streams seems useful
even though, as we all know, SCTP is not nearly as widely deployed as
UDP or TCP. Does anybody see any reason why the offer/answer model
should not support SCTP-based streams?

Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

---

From: Victor Pascual Avila <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 18:54:22 +0100

Hi Gonzalo,

You're right, SCTP is not as widely deployed as UDP or TCP, but from
what I'm seeing in the field it's indeed gaining some momentum, at
least as a transport mechanism for signaling protocols like SIP and
Diameter.

I don't see any reason to prevent negotiation for SCTP-based media.

BTW, references to "[I-D.ietf-tsvwg-dtls-for-sctp]" shall be updated
to "[RFC6083]"

Cheers,
-Victor

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Gonzalo Camarillo
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
>

-- 
Victor Pascual Ávila