Subject: [MMUSIC] Fwd: Protocol Action: 'IANA Registration of the 'image' Media Type for the Session Description Protocol (SDP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-salgueiro-mmusic-image-iana-registration-09.txt)

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:12:56 +0200

Hi,

this document was developed through the AD-sponsored track. Just for your 
information, IANA registration of the media type "image" in SDP has been 
approved now.

/Miguel

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Protocol Action: 'IANA Registration of the 'image' Media Type 
for the	Session Description Protocol (SDP)' to Proposed Standard 
(draft-salgueiro-mmusic-image-iana-registration-09.txt)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 21:56:51 +0200
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IANA Registration of the 'image' Media Type for the Session
    Description Protocol (SDP)'
   (draft-salgueiro-mmusic-image-iana-registration-09.txt) as a Proposed
Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-salgueiro-mmusic-image-iana-registration/

     Technical Summary

         This document describes the usage of the 'image' media type
   and registers it with IANA as a top-level media type for the
   Session Description Protocol (SDP).  This media type is
   primarily used by SDP to negotiate and establish T.38 media
   streams.

     Working Group Summary

     While this is not an official document of the MMUSIC working
         group, the document has been reviewed in the MMUSIC WG. It is
         widely supported by its members and external bodies. Has
         received substantial review, including an unofficial
         WGLC. There is consensus to proceed forward with the
         document. Since this document is registering a missing token
         in an existing registry, it was decided to expedite the
         document in the sake of simplicity and speedness.

     Document Quality

         There are implementations and RFCs documenting the usage of
         the "image" media type in SDP. This document adds it to the
         SDP parameters registry.

Personnel

   Miguel Angel Garcia is the document shepherd.
   Gonzalo Camarillo is the responsible AD.

RFC Editor's Note:

OLD:

   The 'image' media type for the Session Description Protocol
   is used to describes a media stream that represents a still
   image.  The media subtype further describes the specific
   format of the image.  Currently, the 'image' media type for
   SDP is used ubiquitously by the SIP control protocol to
   establish T.38 media streams.

NEW:

The 'image' media type for the Session Description Protocol
is used to describe a media stream whose content consists of
one or more separate images that require appropriate hardware to
display. The media subtype further describes the specific format
of the image. Currently, the 'image' media type for SDP is used
ubiquitously by the SIP control protocol to establish T.38 media streams.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce