Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 07:32:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TCP Candidates with Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE)
	Author(s)       : Jonathan Rosenberg
                          Ari Keranen
                          Bruce B. Lowekamp
                          Adam Roach
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp-16.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2011-11-15

   Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) defines a mechanism for
   NAT traversal for multimedia communication protocols based on the
   offer/answer model of session negotiation.  ICE works by providing a
   set of candidate transport addresses for each media stream, which are
   then validated with peer-to-peer connectivity checks based on Session
   Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN).  ICE provides a general framework
   for describing candidates, but only defines UDP-based media streams.
   This specification extends ICE to TCP-based media, including the
   ability to offer a mix of TCP and UDP-based candidates for a single
   stream.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp-16.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp-16.txt

---

From: Ari Keranen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 23:51:18 +0800

Folks,

This new revision addresses the IESG and Gen-ART review comments. There 
are lots of editorial fixes but also two technical changes, as requested 
by ADs, worth noting:

- The "tcptype" parameter's value in the SDP is now "active" or 
"passive" instead of "act" or "pass". This was due to comment that the 
"pass" can be misinterpreted as "passing" and it's not really worth 
saving a few bytes here. Also, this is now better in line with RFC4145 
terminology.

- The RTP over TLS is no longer "MUST NOT" but "SHOULD be avoided". It 
was not really clear why it was "MUST NOT" in the first place (some new 
rationale is now given in the draft) and there could be cases when 
someone really wants to do that and we didn't find any compelling reason 
why to forbid that.

Cheers,
Ari

On 11/15/11 11:32 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic