Subject: [MMUSIC] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-capabilities-12.txt

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 21:30:24 -0500

The major change in this version of the media capabilities draft is 
around media format capabilites ("mcap"). Previous versions of the draft 
effectively limited media format capabilities to being RTP-based media 
formats, which was noted as problematic by the circuit-switched bearer 
authors (draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-cs). There were two different ways of 
addressing this:
1) Redefine syntax and semantics of the existing "a=mcap" attribute to 
cover both RTP-based and non-RTP based media formats
2) Split "mcap" in two different attributes; one for RTP-based and one 
for non-RTP based.

The media capabilities authors went for the second option in order to 
avoid semantically different operations based on the type of media 
format a given media format capability has. Furthermore, for consistency 
and to avoid any confusion with earlier "mcap" definitions, the authors 
used two new names for these attributes ("rmcap" and "omcap").

Various other nit fixes and editorial changes have been made throughout 
as well 
(http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?difftype=--hwdiff&url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-capabilities-12.txt)

If anybody has any concerns with the above, please let us know.

The draft still needs updated offer/answer considerations and security 
considerations. The plan is to have those done before the next IETF and 
hopefully be ready for WGLC shortly thereafter.

Thanks

-- Flemming (as individual)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[MMUSIC] I-D Action: 
draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-capabilities-12.txt
Date: 	Mon, 31 Oct 2011 10:04:03 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : SDP Media Mapabilities Negotiation
	Author(s)       : Robert R Gilman
                           Roni Even
                           Flemming Andreasen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-capabilities-12.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2011-10-31

    Session Description Protocol (SDP) capability negotiation provides a
    general framework for indicating and negotiating capabilities in SDP.
    The base framework defines only capabilities for negotiating
    transport protocols and attributes.  In this document, we extend the
    framework by defining media capabilities that can be used to
    negotiate media types and their associated parameters.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-capabilities-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-capabilities-12.txt
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic