Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] Comments on draft-ietf-mmusic-media-path-middleboxes-03

From: "Muthu Arul Mozhi Perumal (mperumal)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 08:07:16 +0530

Hi Gonzalo,
 
My apologies for the delay.
 
|Where did you think this text should be added ?
 
This should be added to section 7 -- Preliminary Recommendations. Here
is my take:
 
REC #5: It is recommended that middleboxes present on the media
      path allow at least a nominal amount of traffic to be exchanged 
      between endpoints for at least one RTT after the middlebox 
      receives a message from the MIDCOM agent indicating the media 
      session being terminated. This will ensure that any transit 
      signaling packets on the media path exchanged during the session 
      termination pass through the middle box.
 
Muthu
 
From: Gonzalo Salgueiro (gsalguei) 
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 6:56 AM
To: Muthu Arul Mozhi Perumal (mperumal)
Cc: Gonzalo Salgueiro (gsalguei); mmusic
Subject: Re: Comments on draft-ietf-mmusic-media-path-middleboxes-03
 
Muthu - 
 
Please forgive the delayed response, but I have been buried under work
with some of my new responsibilities at work.  I am getting ready to
release the new version of this draft and had a quick question about
your one major comment.

On Mar 29, 2011, at 9:21 AM, Muthu ArulMozhi Perumal (mperumal) wrote:

Overall this draft looks to be in a good shape.
 
I've one major comment. Similar to REC #2 in section 7, it would be
desirable to have a recommendation that the middlebox present on the
media path allow at least a nominal amount of traffic to be exchanged
between endpoints for a small duration of time (say, one RTT) after the
middlebox receives a message from theMIDCOM agent that indicates the
media session being terminated. This will ensure that any transit
signaling packets on the media path exchanged during the session
termination, like RTCP Bye packets, pass through the middle box.

I think I understand the intent of this recommendation and think it
might be useful to address specifically.  Where did you think this text
should be added ?
 
Regards,
 
Gonzalo