Subject: [MMUSIC] [mmusic] #12: MUST vs. SHOULD for mirror RTP seq number

From: "mmusic issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:08:10 -0000

#12: MUST vs. SHOULD for mirror RTP seq number

 From Magnus:
 30. Section 7.2.1:
 Sequence Number: The RTP sequence number SHOULD be generated by the
    loopback-mirror in the usual manner with a constant random offset.

 What is the acceptable cases for when to break it? I assume the
 intention with not saying MUST is that one can copy it from the
 incomming packet. Thus when source -> mirror packet losses occur causing
 wholes in the return path which isn't real loss on the mirror->source
 path. It also causes third party monitor to report losses that aren't
 real on this stream.

-- 
--------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hkaplan@…     |      Owner:  draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback@…
     Type:  defect        |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor         |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  media-        |    Version:  1.0
  loopback                |   Keywords:
 Severity:  In WG Last    |
  Call                    |
--------------------------+------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mmusic/trac/ticket/12>
mmusic <http://tools.ietf.org/mmusic/>