Subject: [MMUSIC] [mmusic] #11: Padding in mirrored packets

From: "mmusic issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:03:44 -0000

#11: Padding in mirrored packets

 From Magnus:

 29. Section 7.1.2:
 "Any padding octets in the original packet MUST NOT be included in
    the loopback packet generated by a loopback-mirror."

 What is the motivation behind this? If the reason I want to do packet
 loopback is to find out if somebody is manipulating the packets between
 the source and the mirror you need to include the whole packet as it is,
 not throw away parts of it. What if padding is added or removed on path.
 That might matter for the one doing the active measurement.

-- 
--------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hkaplan@…     |      Owner:  draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback@…
     Type:  defect        |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor         |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  media-        |    Version:  1.0
  loopback                |   Keywords:
 Severity:  In WG Last    |
  Call                    |
--------------------------+------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mmusic/trac/ticket/11>
mmusic <http://tools.ietf.org/mmusic/>