Subject: [MMUSIC] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5245 (3149)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 04:40:12 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5245,
"Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE): A Protocol for Network Address Translator (NAT) Traversal for Offer/Answer Protocols".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5245&eid=3149

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Marc Petit-huguenin <[email-masked]>

Section: 21.1.4

Original Text
-------------
Type of Attribute: session-level

Corrected Text
--------------
Type of Attribute: media-level

Notes
-----
Section 15.3 clearly says that "ice-mismatch" is media-level:

'"ice-mismatch" is a media-level
 attribute only, and when present in an answer, indicates that the
 offer arrived with a default destination for a media component that
 didn't have a corresponding candidate attribute.'

Section Section 6.1 also implies that "ice-mismatch" is media-level:

"In some cases, the answer may omit a=candidate attributes for the
 media streams, and instead include an a=ice-mismatch attribute for
 one or more of the media streams in the SDP."

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5245 (draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-19)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE): A Protocol for Network Address Translator (NAT) Traversal for Offer/Answer Protocols
Publication Date    : April 2010
Author(s)           : J. Rosenberg
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiparty Multimedia Session Control
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG