Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 6544 on TCP Candidates with Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 18:46:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6544

        Title:      TCP Candidates with Interactive Connectivity 
                    Establishment (ICE) 
        Author:     J. Rosenberg, A. Keranen,
                    B. B. Lowekamp, A. B. Roach
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 72318
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6544.txt

Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) defines a mechanism for
NAT traversal for multimedia communication protocols based on the
offer/answer model of session negotiation.  ICE works by providing a
set of candidate transport addresses for each media stream, which are
then validated with peer-to-peer connectivity checks based on Session
Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN).  ICE provides a general framework
for describing candidates but only defines UDP-based media streams.
This specification extends ICE to TCP-based media, including the
ability to offer a mix of TCP and UDP-based candidates for a single
stream.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC