Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 14:43:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Extension to the Session Description Protocol (SDP) for Media Loopback
	Author(s)       : Hadriel Kaplan
                          Kaynam Hedayat
                          Nagarjuna Venna
                          Paul E. Jones
                          Arjun Roychowdhury
                          Chelliah SivaChelvan
                          Nathan Stratton
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback-17.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2012-03-12

    The wide deployment of Voice over IP (VoIP), Text and Video over IP
    services has introduced new challenges in managing and maintaining
    real-time voice/real-time Text/video quality, reliability, and
    overall performance.  In particular, media delivery is an area that
    needs attention.  One method of meeting these challenges is
    monitoring the media delivery performance by looping media back to
    the transmitter.  This is typically referred to as "active
    monitoring" of services.   Media loopback is especially popular in
    ensuring the quality of transport to the edge of a given VoIP,
    Real-time Text or Video over IP service.  Today in networks that
    deliver real-time media, short of running 'ping' and 'traceroute'
    to the edge, service providers are left without the necessary tools
    to actively monitor, manage, and diagnose quality issues with their
    service.  The extension defined herein adds new SDP media
    attributes which enables establishment of media sessions where the
    media is looped back to the transmitter. Such media sessions will
    serve as monitoring and troubleshooting tools by providing the
    means for measurement of more advanced VoIP, Real-time Text and
    Video over IP performance metrics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback-17.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback-17.txt

---

From: Hadriel Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 21:47:24 +0000

FYI - this one just fixes the editorial comments from Magnus and Miguel.
Another one's coming out in a couple hours with the other comments resolved - unless someone disagrees with my suggestions of how to fix them so far.

-hadriel

On Mar 12, 2012, at 5:43 PM, <[email-masked]>
 <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt