Subject: [MMUSIC] draft-ietf-mmusic-traffic-class-for-sdp uploaded

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 18:48:31 -0500

I've uploaded the next version of

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-traffic-class-for-sdp-01.txt

These are the following changes made between the WG -00 version and
the -01 version:

- removed the non-SDP applications Netflix and VOD

- switched the adjective 'desktop' to 'avconf'

- Labeled each of the figures.

- clarified the differences between Multimedia-Streaming and
   Broadcast parent categories.

- defined Video surveillance

- added the concept of a 'qualified' adjective, and modified the
   ABNF accordingly.

- deleted the idea of a 'cac-class' as a separate component, and
   made the equivalent a qualified adjective.

- modified the answerer behavior because of the removal of the
   'cac-class' component.

- created an IANA registry for qualified adjectives

- general clean-up of the doc.

Did *not* do the following in this version:

- add the ability to have more than one trafficclass attribute based
   on the codec chosen, as feedback indicated this was a bad idea.

- no swap of the Multimedia-Conferencing parent category with the
   offered Collaboration parent category, as doing this did not solve
   any perceived problems.

- add more to the 'how does this get processed' portion of Section
   3. That will come in the next revision.

Comments are welcome

James