Subject: [MMUSIC] FW: I-D Action: draft-muthu-mmusic-offer-answer-g723-g729-00.txt

From: "Muthu Arul Mozhi Perumal (mperumal)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 12:12:12 +0530

We have resubmitted the I-D clarifying the offer/answer considerations
for the Annex A flavor of G.723 and the Annex B flavors of G.729, G.729D
and G.729E, to the MMUSIC WG. 

This clarification is missing in RFC4856, leading to interop issues,
like:
http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/2008-January/004026.html

The draft was earlier submitted to the Payload WG and discussed there:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/payload/current/msg00362.html

The draft was presented at IETF-83 in the AVTEXT session (as a Payload
item). Following instructions from the AD and chairs we are resubmitting
it to MMUSIC.

Comments welcome..

Muthu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 11:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-muthu-mmusic-offer-answer-g723-g729-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Offer/Answer Considerations for G.723 Annex A
and G.729 Annex B
	Author(s)       : Muthu Arul Mozhi Perumal
                          Parthasarathi Ravindran
	Filename        :
draft-muthu-mmusic-offer-answer-g723-g729-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-04-23

   [RFC4856] describes the annexa parameter for G723 and the annexb
   parameter for G729, G729D and G729E. However, the specification does
   not describe the offerer and answerer behavior when the value of the
   annexa or annexb parameter does not match in the SDP offer and
   answer.  This document provides the offer/answer considerations for
   these parameters.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-muthu-mmusic-offer-answer-g723
-g729-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-muthu-mmusic-offer-answer-g723-
g729-00.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-muthu-mmusic-offer-answer-g723-g7
29/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt