Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 6871 on Session Description Protocol (SDP) Media Capabilities Negotiation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:34:42 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6871

        Title:      Session Description Protocol (SDP) Media 
                    Capabilities Negotiation 
        Author:     R. Gilman, R. Even,
                    F. Andreasen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      55
        Characters: 124829
        Updates:    RFC5939

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-capabilities-17.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6871.txt

Session Description Protocol (SDP) capability negotiation provides a
general framework for indicating and negotiating capabilities in SDP.
The base framework defines only capabilities for negotiating
transport protocols and attributes.  This documents extends the
framework by defining media capabilities that can be used to
negotiate media types and their associated parameters.

This document updates the IANA Considerations of RFC 5939.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC