Subject: [MMUSIC] Comments on draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp-00

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 15:53:55 -0500 (EST)

A couple of nits about draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp-00:

section 7

Examples contain "*" in m= lines instead of payload types.  The
resader will probably assume that "*" stands for a sequence of payload
types, but it's best to have examples be valid.  Replacing all the
"*"s with "0 8" would suffice to make the examples valid:

              m=image 54111 SCTP 0 8
              c=IN IP4 192.0.2.2
              a=setup:actpass
              a=connection:new

section 7.2

The text suggests that the intention is to reuse the existing SCTP
connection, but the SDP offer and answer both contain
"a=connection:new".  Shouldn't these use "a=connection:existing"?
Compare with RFC 4145 section 7.3.

Dale

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 07:29:14 -0500

The * is valid.  The part of the m= line that you know to contain
payload types is defined as being specific to the type.  Thus,
  m=rabbit 4995 BUNNIES *
is valid SDP, assuming of course that someone has defined a top-level
MIME type of 'rabbit' and so forth.

On 04/02/2013, Dale R. Worley <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
>