Subject: [MMUSIC] Review of draft-nandakumar-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-02: sections 5.22, 5.40, 5.41, 5.42

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 07:33:16 +0000

Hi,

I was requested to review the attributes listed in sections 5.22, 5.40, 5.41 and 5.42.

However, first I have a general comment on the document:

For some attributes (e.g. MSRP-CEMA), there is note text saying:

"Not recommended due to legacy interop purposes"

Making such statements is completely outside the scope of the document. The document is about multiplexing, and how/if attributes are affected.

There is also similar note text saying:

"Not recommended due to interop purposes"

Now, for the 3GPP defined attributes you could say "Usage only defined for IMS", or something. But, again, it's not within the scope of this document to recommend against using things.

...unless, of course, there from a multiplexing perspective is a reason to do so, and they should be listed under the NOT RECOMMENDED category:

5.22

  +------------+---------------------------------+---------+----------+
   | Name       | Notes                           | Current | Category |
   +------------+---------------------------------+---------+----------+
   | msrp-cema  |                                 | M       | NORMAL   |
   |            |                                 |         |          |
   |            |                                 |         |          |
   +------------+---------------------------------+---------+----------+

5.40

   +-------------+--------------------------------+---------+----------+

   | Name        | Notes                          | Current | Category |

   +-------------+--------------------------------+---------+----------+

   | g.3gpp.cat  | Usage defined for the IP       | M       | NORMAL   |

   |             | Multimedia Subsystem [ref]     |         |          |

   |             |                                |         |          |

   +-------------+--------------------------------+---------+----------+

5.41

   +-------------+--------------------------------+---------+----------+

   | Name        | Notes                          | Current | Category |

   +-------------+--------------------------------+---------+----------+

   | g.3gpp.crs  | Usage defined for the IP       | M       | NORMAL   |

   |             | Multimedia Subsystem [ref]     |         |          |

   |             |                                |         |          |

   +-------------+--------------------------------+---------+----------+

5.42

This is actually an interesting one, and needs a little more investigation. So, I'll have to come back on that one. It would be good if Richard Ejzak, who is the "architect" behind the attributes, could take a look :)

  +------------------+---------------------------+---------+----------+

   | Name             | Notes                     | Current | Category |

   +------------------+---------------------------+---------+----------+

   | secondary-realm  | Usage defined for the IP  | M       | TBD      |

   |                  | Multimedia Subsystem [ref]|         |          |

   |                  |                           |         |          |

   | visited realm    | Usage defined for the IP  | M       | TBD      |

   |                  | Multimedia Subsystem [ref]|         |          |

   |                  |                           |         |          |

   | omr-m-cksum      | Usage defined for the IP  | M       | TBD      |

   |                  | Multimedia Subsystem [ref]|         |          |

   |                  |                           |         |          |

   | omr-s-cksum      | Usage defined for the IP  | M       | TBD      |

   |                  | Multimedia Subsystem [ref]|         |          |

   |                  |                           |         |          |

   | omr-m-att        | Usage defined for the IP  | M       | TBD      |

   |                  | Multimedia Subsystem [ref]|         |          |

   |                  |                           |         |          |

   | omr-s-att        | Usage defined for the IP  | M       | TBD      |

   |                  | Multimedia Subsystem [ref]|         |          |

   |                  |                           |         |          |

   | omr-s-bw         | Usage defined for the IP  | M       | TBD      |

   |                  | Multimedia Subsystem [ref]|         |          |

   |                  |                           |         |          |

   | omr-m-att        | Usage defined for the IP  | M       | TBD      |

   |                  | Multimedia Subsystem [ref]|         |          |

   |                  |                           |         |          |

   | omr-codecs       | Usage defined for the IP  | M       | TBD      |

   |                  | Multimedia Subsystem [ref]|         |          |

   |                  |                           |         |          |

   +------------------+---------------------------+---------+----------+

Regards,

Christer