Subject: [MMUSIC] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-miscellaneous-caps-05.txt> (Miscellaneous Capabilities Negotiation in the Session Description Protocol (SDP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 06:54:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document:
- 'Miscellaneous Capabilities Negotiation in the Session Description
   Protocol (SDP)'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-miscellaneous-caps-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-06-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   SDP has been extended with a capability negotiation mechanism
   framework that allows the endpoints to negotiate transport protocols
   and attributes.  This framework has been extended with a media
   capabilities negotiation mechanism that allows endpoints to negotiate
   additional media-related capabilities.  This negotiation is embedded
   into the widely-used SDP offer/answer procedures.

   This memo extends the SDP capability negotiation framework to allow
   endpoints to negotiate three additional SDP capabilities.  In
   particular, this memo provides a mechanism to negotiate bandwidth
   ('b=' line), connection data ('c=' line), and titles ('i=' line for
   each session or media).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-miscellaneous-caps/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-miscellaneous-caps/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.