Subject: [MMUSIC] 1 Week WGLC for draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-15

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 10:04:05 -0400

The rtsp-nat draft reflects analysis done in the rtsp-nat-evaluation 
draft, which just concluded a reissued WGLC. We previously had a 2 week 
WGLC on the rtsp-nat-14 draft, which resulted in a few updates. In lieu 
of this, we are announcing a 1 week Working Group Last Call for any 
final comments on

     draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-15

as Proposed Standard. Please review and provide any comments you may 
have on the document by May 25, 2013. Comments should be sent to the 
document authors and the MMUSIC WG list. If you review the document but 
do not have any comments, please send a note to that effect as well.

Thanks

        Flemming

Draft Info:

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
  This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Network Address Translator (NAT) Traversal mechanism for media controlled by Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)
	Author(s)       : Jeff Goldberg
                           Magnus Westerlund
                           Thomas Zeng
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-15.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2013-05-02

Abstract:
    This document defines a solution for Network Address Translation
    (NAT) traversal for datagram based media streams setup and controlled
    with Real-time Streaming Protocol version 2 (RTSP 2.0).  It uses
    Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) adapted to use RTSP as a
    signalling channel, defining the necessary extra RTSP extensions and
    procedures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-15

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 01:07:03 +0300

Hi,

Here's a few editorial things worth considering fixing.

3.  Solution Overview

    9.   When the client has concluded its connectivity checks, including
         promoting candidates, and has correspondingly received the

s/promoting candidates/nominating candidate pairs/
(using "promoting/promoted" also later in the document)

4.2.  ICE Candidate Transport Header Parameter

    <component-id>: [...]
    It MUST start at 1 and MUST increment by 1 for each component
    of a particular candidate

s/of a particular candidate/of a particular media stream/

In section 6.4 you talk about "SO" connection types; makes sense to 
expand that into "Simultaneous Open".

Cheers,
Ari (as individual)

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 11:59:39 +0200

Hi Ari,

Thanks for these fixes. I have implemented them:

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-16

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 12:53:27 +0300

Hi Magnus,

The changes look good to me.

Thanks,
Ari

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 17:23:40 -0400

Thank you for the comments and updates to the draft. This concludes the 
WGLC and we will proceed with a publication request at this point.

Regards

-- Flemming (MMUSIC co-chair)

On 5/29/13 5:53 AM, Ari Keränen wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
> .
>