Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 7006 on Miscellaneous Capabilities Negotiation in the Session Description Protocol (SDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 15:26:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7006

        Title:      Miscellaneous Capabilities Negotiation in the 
                    Session Description Protocol (SDP) 
        Author:     M. Garcia-Martin,
                    S. Veikkolainen,
                    R. Gilman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 47133
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-miscellaneous-caps-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7006.txt

The Session Description Protocol (SDP) has been extended with a
capability negotiation mechanism framework that allows the endpoints
to negotiate transport protocols and attributes.  This framework has
been extended with a media capabilities negotiation mechanism that
allows endpoints to negotiate additional media-related capabilities.
This negotiation is embedded into the widely used SDP offer/answer
procedures.

This memo extends the SDP capability negotiation framework to allow
endpoints to negotiate three additional SDP capabilities.  In
particular, this memo provides a mechanism to negotiate bandwidth
("b=" line), connection data ("c=" line), and session or media titles
("i=" line for each session or media).

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC