Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP 2.0: Additional change in Section 10.4 Timing out connections

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 13:16:17 +0200

WG,

Elwyn, is in the process of sending my editorial comments for the
changes since the IETF last call comments was addressed. As part of this
he spotted that in section 10.4 there is a note that contains what
probably should be specification text. Thus the suggestion is to change
the note to a regular text and use RFC 2119 normative language when
appropriate. Thus the suggestion is that the fourth paragraph of Section
10.4 will read:

In cases multiple RTSP sessions share the same transport connection,
abandoning a request and closing the connection may have significant
impact on those other sessions. First of all, other RTSP requests may
have become queued up due to the request taking long time. Secondly also
those sessions loose the possibility to receive server to client
requests. To mitigate that situation the RTSP agent SHOULD establish a
new connection and send any queued up and non-responded requests on this
new connection. Secondly, to ensure that the RTSP server knows which
connection that is valid for a particular RTSP session, the RTSP agent
SHOULD send a keep-alive request, if no other request will be sent
immediately for that RTSP session, for each RTSP session on the old
connection. The keep-alive request will normally be a GET_PARAMETER with
a session header to inform the server that this agent cares about this
RTSP session.

Comments and feedbacks on this change.

I hope to be able to submit a update with Elwyn's editorial suggestions,
and the above change this week. Then I will request that the chairs and
AD move forward with the document.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------