Subject: [MMUSIC] Protocol Action: 'Offer/Answer Considerations for G723 Annex A and G729 Annex B' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-g723-g729-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 04:36:21 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Offer/Answer Considerations for G723 Annex A and G729 Annex B'
  (draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-g723-g729-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Richard Barnes.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-g723-g729/

Technical Summary

   RFC4856 describes the annexa parameter for G723 and the annexb
   parameter for G729, G729D and G729E. However, the specification does
   not describe the offerer and answerer behavior when the value of the
   annexa or annexb parameter does not match in the Session Description
   protocol (SDP) offer and answer.  This document provides the offer/
   answer considerations for these parameters and updates RFC4856.

Working Group Summary

   There is WG consensus behind this draft. All issues raised during
   and before WGLC have been addressed.  

Document Quality

  This document clarifies behavior with the discussed SDP parameters
  to be in line with existing specifications and pragmatic
  implementations.  The document has been discussed in MMUSIC,
  PAYLOAD, and AVTEXT working groups and has been revised according to
  the feedback.

Personnel

  Who is the Document Shepherd? Who is the Responsible Area
  Director?

  Ari Keranen is the Document Shepherd, and the Responsible Area
  Director is Gonzalo Camarillo.