Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE options: need new optional and/or required attributes?

From: Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 17:58:46 +0200

Hi all,

One open issue regarding ICE-bis has been the semantics of the 
ice-options attribute. Currently there is no way of saying "do 
aggressive ICE even if you don't understand this option" or "reject my 
offer if you don't understand this option".

One way of solving this would be to introduce a new attribute like:

a=ice-options-required:foo

That is, if "foo" is unknown option to the answerer, the offer is 
rejected. In addition to solving the second case, it could also be used 
to test for the first and if option was not understood, simply leave it 
out of the new offer. Of course this would result in one signaling 
exchange of delay, and hence for the first case (do still aggressive) we 
could also introduce yet another option:

a=ice-options-optional:bar

Opinions?

Cheers,
Ari