Subject: [MMUSIC] BUNDLE: Combining SDP O/A sections?

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 07:04:07 +0000

Hi,

Currently the Offer/Answer procedures for the BUNDLE grouping mechanism and the 'bundle-only' attribute are defined in different sections (5.2 and 6.3).

Flemming has suggested that they should be combined into a single section. In addition, he also suggested that the "SDP Information Considerations" section should not be part of the O/A proceudres.

So, that means the structure would look something like (don't pay attention to the page numbers):

  5.  SDP Grouping Framework BUNDLE Extension Semantics . . . . . .   6

     5.1.  General . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  6

  6.  SDP 'bundle-only' Attribute . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   13

     6.1.  General . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  13

     6.2.  Syntax  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  13

       6.2.1.  General . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  13

       6.2.2.  ABNF  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  13

  7.  SDP Information Considerations  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   7

  8.  SDP Offer/Answer Procedures . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   6

     8.1.  General . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  6

     8.2.  Generating the Initial SDP Offer  . . . . . . . . . . . .  8

     8.3.  Generating the SDP Answer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  8

     8.4.  Offerer Processing of the SDP Answer  . . . . . . . . . .  10

     8.5.  Modifying the Session . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  11

...instead of the current structure:

  5.  SDP Grouping Framework BUNDLE Extension Semantics . . . . . .   6
     5.1.  General . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   6
     5.2.  SDP Offer/Answer Procedures . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   6
       5.2.1.  General . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   6
       5.2.2.  SDP Information Considerations  . . . . . . . . . . .   7
       5.2.3.  Generating the Initial SDP Offer  . . . . . . . . . .   8
       5.2.4.  Generating the SDP Answer . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   8
       5.2.5.  Offerer Processing of the SDP Answer  . . . . . . . .  10
       5.2.6.  Modifying the Session . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  11
   6.  SDP 'bundle-only' Attribute . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  13
     6.1.  General . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  13
     6.2.  Syntax  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  13
       6.2.1.  General . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  13
       6.2.2.  ABNF  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  13
     6.3.  SDP Offer/Answer Procedures . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  14
       6.3.1.  Generating the Initial SDP Offer  . . . . . . . . . .  14
       6.3.2.  Generating the SDP Answer . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  14
       6.3.3.  Offerer Processing of the SDP Answer  . . . . . . . .  14
       6.3.4.  Modifying the Session . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  15

Such change is doable, but it will take some time and effort, so I would first like to ask whether someone would object to such change.

Regards,

Christer