Subject: [MMUSIC] Draft new version: SCTP-SDP-10

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 10:42:36 +0000

Hi,

I've submitted a new version (-10) of draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp.

There are currently no open issues in the draft.

Some examples will still have to be added, but other than that the authors now think that the draft is in such shape that we should start moving towards WGLC.

Regards,

Christer

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 12:05:48 -0500

On 12/19/14 5:42 AM, Christer Holmberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’ve submitted a new version (-10) of draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp.
>
> Some examples will still have to be added, but other than that the
> authors now think that the draft is in such shape that we should start
> moving towards WGLC.

One major issue with this new version:

Now that the new a=max-message-size attribute has been defined in 
section 6, section 7 now is quite broken. It is no longer used for 
defining max message size. So pretty much all of what is in section 7 
can now be removed. The one exception is the default value of 64K, which 
should be moved into section 6.

It may make sense to retain a section 7, but change it to simply note 
that a=fmtp provides a mechanism for specifying attributes that are 
specific to a particular association-usage, and that the detailed syntax 
of that must be defined as part of the definition of an association-usage.

	Thanks,
	Paul