Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-20.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 06:07:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Negotiating Media Multiplexing Using the Session Description Protocol (SDP)
        Authors         : Christer Holmberg
                          Harald Tveit Alvestrand
                          Cullen Jennings
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-20.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2015-06-12

Abstract:
   This specification defines a new Session Description Protocol (SDP)
   Grouping Framework extension, 'BUNDLE'.  The extension can be used
   with the SDP Offer/Answer mechanism to negotiate the usage of a
   single address:port combination (BUNDLE address) for receiving media,
   referred to as bundled media, associated with multiple SDP media
   descriptions ("m=" lines).

   To assist endpoints in negotiating the use of bundle this
   specification defines a new SDP attribute, 'bundle-only', which can
   be used to request that specific media is only used if bundled.

   There are multiple ways to correlate the bundled RTP packets with the
   appropriate media descriptions.  This specification defines a new
   Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) source description (SDES) item and
   a new RTP header extension that provides an additional way to do this
   correlation by using them to carry a value that associates the RTP/
   RTCP packets with a specific media description.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-20

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-20

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/