Subject: [MMUSIC] Fixing draft-holmberg-mmusic-sdp-dtls-00

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 11:10:08 -0700

Some of the statements here are backwards.  For example,

   If an endpoint changes the local transport parameters associated with
   a DTLS association, the endpoint MUST create a new DTLS association.

I think that this document can be reduced to a series of conditionals:

If you change the endpoint that is participating (because forking, or
for any other reason), then you need a new DTLS association.
Otherwise, how will that new endpoint know what keys to use.

If you change the certificate you intend to use, then you need a new
DTLS association.  Otherwise, you don't get to send the new
certificate.

If you change the DTLS roles, then you need a new DTLS association.
Otherwise, it doesn't happen.

If you request a new DTLS association, then you need a new transport.
Otherwise, demux issues.

An ICE restart is not sufficient a change to constitute a new
transport.  You need entirely new IP+port pairs.

---

From: Roman Shpount <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 16:03:41 -0400

If you add that you also define an attribute to tell if remote party is
performing ICE restart or setting up new ICE connection then you got it
covered.

_____________
Roman Shpount

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
>

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 16:59:14 -0700

> performing ICE restart or setting up new ICE connection then you got it

Right.  I was really covering the motivation, but yes, you need to
make it clear that this is not an ICE restart, this is a new ICE
session and the new attribute covers that.

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 05:27:31 +0000

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions!

Regards,

Christer

From: mmusic [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Roman Shpount
Sent: 17. kesäkuuta 2015 23:04
To: Martin Thomson
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] Fixing draft-holmberg-mmusic-sdp-dtls-00

If you add that you also define an attribute to tell if remote party is performing ICE restart or setting up new ICE connection then you got it covered.

_____________
Roman Shpount

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Martin Thomson <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Some of the statements here are backwards.  For example,

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic