Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 12:17:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control of the IETF.

        Title           : SDP: Session Description Protocol
        Authors         : Mark Handley
                          Van Jacobson
                          Colin Perkins
                          Ali Begen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-17.txt
	Pages           : 61
	Date            : 2016-06-22

Abstract:
   This memo defines the Session Description Protocol (SDP).  SDP is
   intended for describing multimedia sessions for the purposes of
   session announcement, session invitation, and other forms of
   multimedia session initiation.  This document obsoletes RFC 4566.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-17

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-17

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Ali C. Begen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 22:23:31 +0300

Hi everyone

The 4566bis revision has the edits mainly provided by Christian G. Please
check Section 8, for the IANA registration rules and the new registry that
will combine most of the existing registries into a single one.

There is only one editor's note remaining. AFAIR, Paul had an action item
to check it. Besides this point, the draft should be ready for a final
review.

Thanks.
-acbegen

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:17 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
>

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 16:49:17 -0400

On 6/22/16 3:23 PM, Ali C. Begen wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> The 4566bis revision has the edits mainly provided by Christian G.
> Please check Section 8, for the IANA registration rules and the new
> registry that will combine most of the existing registries into a single
> one.
>
> There is only one editor's note remaining. AFAIR, Paul had an action
> item to check it. Besides this point, the draft should be ready for a
> final review.

I did reply about this in:

http://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/mmusic/4m0T7Mmo95IIZE4QamL3zNHra-o

But I queried (without response) on sip-implementors, not sip forum.

For completeness I just now sent the same query to [email-masked]. 
I'll report back if I hear anything.

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: "Ali C. Begen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 00:20:30 +0300

> I'll report back if I hear anything.

OK thanks. I think for the time being, we can assume they will not have a
response that will impact the draft.

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 10:56:36 +1000

Hello Ali,

Thanks for doing the updates. The only issue is regarding the "Dependent 
on Charset" being part of the table on the IANA website. During the 
discussion with Paul and Flemming on developing the updates it was 
thought that this should be removed from the IANA website table but 
still included in the information needed for the registration. The 
reason was that its an implementation issue and an implementor should 
read the RFC for this level of detail.

Regards, Christian

On 23/06/2016 5:23 AM, Ali C. Begen wrote:
> registry that will combine most of the existing registries into a 
> single one.
>
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:17 PM, <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>
>     until the htmlized version and diff are available at
>     tools.ietf.org <http://tools.ietf.org>.
>
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: "Ali C. Begen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 10:54:33 +0300

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 3:56 AM, Christian Groves <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> discussion with Paul and Flemming on developing the updates it was thought
> that this should be removed from the IANA website table but still included
> in the information needed for the registration. The reason was that its an
> implementation issue and an implementor should read the RFC for this level
> of detail.
>

Alright, I can remove that.

Chairs, are we getting close to the WGLC?

>> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:17 PM, <[email-masked] <mailto:
>> [email-masked]>> wrote:
>>
>>