Subject: [MMUSIC] comment on section 6.4 of draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-06

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 13:52:28 +0200

Hi,

The current text is

Note: It may not be beneficial for declarative use to be limited  to a
single media source per "m=" line, as elaborated further in  Section 9
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-06#section-9> .

I think that the note should say

Note: It may not be beneficial for declarative use to be limited  to a
single "m=" line per a media source, as elaborated further in  Section 9
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-06#section-9> .
 
Roni

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 13:30:13 +0100

Hi Roni,

The current versions comment is based on that many declarative usage has 
an media description (m= block) being equivalent to one RTP session. And 
thus not limited to a single media source per media description.

The point you raises are related to that is one may like to use multiple 
RTP sessions to carry the different simulcast streams for a particular 
media source.

I think both are valid considerations. However, it might be simplest to 
remove discussion of what future extensions may result in.

Cheers

Magnus

Den 2016-11-02 kl. 12:52, skrev Roni Even:
> <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-06#section-9>.
>
>
>
> <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-06#section-9>.
>
>
>
> Roni
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
>

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 20:08:12 +0200

Hi Magnus,
I am OK with removing the note in section 6.4.

In general I am sorry for not looking at this earlier since I think that we
have here support only for one use case of simulcast. 
Like you pointed out in another thread and section 6.5, there may be other
application usages for simulcast also in conversional applications , which
you call offer/answer case and the limited scope of rid .
Roni

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Magnus Westerlund [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 2:30 PM
> To: Roni Even; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] comment on section 6.4 of draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-
> simulcast-06
> 
> Hi Roni,
> 
RTP
> sessions to carry the different simulcast streams for a particular media
> source.
> 
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-06#section-
> 9>.