Subject: [MMUSIC] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-4572-update-11.txt> (Connection-Oriented Media Transport over TLS in SDP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 14:50:03 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document:
- 'Connection-Oriented Media Transport over TLS in SDP'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-4572-update-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies how to establish secure connection-oriented
   media transport sessions over the Transport Layer Security (TLS)
   protocol using the Session Description Protocol (SDP).  It defines a
   new SDP protocol identifier, 'TCP/TLS'.  It also defines the syntax
   and semantics for an SDP 'fingerprint' attribute that identifies the
   certificate that will be presented for the TLS session.  This
   mechanism allows media transport over TLS connections to be
   established securely, so long as the integrity of session
   descriptions is assured.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4572, by clarifying the usage of multiple
   fingerprints.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-4572-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-4572-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.