Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 01:24:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control of the IETF.

        Title           : Using Simulcast in SDP and RTP Sessions
        Authors         : Bo Burman
                          Magnus Westerlund
                          Suhas Nandakumar
                          Mo Zanaty
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-07.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2017-01-31

Abstract:
   In some application scenarios it may be desirable to send multiple
   differently encoded versions of the same media source in different
   RTP streams.  This is called simulcast.  This document describes how
   to accomplish simulcast in RTP and how to signal it in SDP.  The
   described solution uses an RTP/RTCP identification method to identify
   RTP streams belonging to the same media source, and makes an
   extension to SDP to relate those RTP streams as being different
   simulcast formats of that media source.  The SDP extension consists
   of a new media level SDP attribute that expresses capability to send
   and/or receive simulcast RTP streams.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 10:34:19 +0100

Hi WG,

This updated version of simulcast contains some few changes as can also 
be seen from the diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-07

The changes are:

- A scope clarification, as result of the discussion with Roni Even.

- A Reformulation of the Identification requirements for simulcast stream.

- Correcting the statement related to source specific signalling 
[RFC5576] to address Roni Even's comment.

- Update of the last paragraph in Section 6.2 regarding simulcast 
streams differences as well as forbidding multiple instances of the same 
SCID within a single a=simulcast line.

- Removal of note in Section 6.4 as result of issue raised by Roni Even.

- Use of "m=" has been changed to media description and a few other 
editorial improvements and clarifications.

With this Bo and I think this addresses all the issues raised on the WG 
last call on -05 version. Those who had issues, please review that your 
issue is resolved.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------