Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 8122 on Connection-Oriented Media Transport over the Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol in the Session Description Protocol (SDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 16:11:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8122

        Title:      Connection-Oriented Media Transport over the 
                    Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol in 
                    the Session Description Protocol (SDP) 
        Author:     J. Lennox, 
                    C. Holmberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 42792
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4572

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-4572-update-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8122

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8122

This document specifies how to establish secure connection-oriented
media transport sessions over the Transport Layer Security (TLS)
protocol using the Session Description Protocol (SDP).  It defines
the SDP protocol identifier, 'TCP/TLS'.  It also defines the syntax
and semantics for an SDP 'fingerprint' attribute that identifies the
certificate that will be presented for the TLS session.  This
mechanism allows media transport over TLS connections to be
established securely, so long as the integrity of session
descriptions is assured.

This document obsoletes RFC 4572 by clarifying the usage of multiple
fingerprints.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC