Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 05:18:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using Simulcast in SDP and RTP Sessions
        Authors         : Bo Burman
                          Magnus Westerlund
                          Suhas Nandakumar
                          Mo Zanaty
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-10.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2017-07-20

Abstract:
   In some application scenarios it may be desirable to send multiple
   differently encoded versions of the same media source in different
   RTP streams.  This is called simulcast.  This document describes how
   to accomplish simulcast in RTP and how to signal it in SDP.  The
   described solution uses an RTP/RTCP identification method to identify
   RTP streams belonging to the same media source, and makes an
   extension to SDP to relate those RTP streams as being different
   simulcast formats of that media source.  The SDP extension consists
   of a new media level SDP attribute that expresses capability to send
   and/or receive simulcast RTP streams.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Bo Burman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 12:29:29 +0000

This update contains:

   o  Amended overview section with a bit more explanation on the
      examples, and added an rid-id alternative for one of the streams.

   o  Removed SCID also from the Terminology section, which was
      forgotten in -09 when changing SCID to rid-id.

/Bo (as individual)

> -----Original Message-----
> From: mmusic [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: den 20 juli 2017 14:18
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-10.txt
> 
> 
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are
> available at tools.ietf.org.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic