Subject: [MMUSIC] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-data-channel-sdpneg-24.txt> (SDP-based Data Channel Negotiation) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 12:15:27 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document: - 'SDP-based Data
Channel Negotiation'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-data-channel-sdpneg-24.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-03-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Data channel setup can be done using either the in- band Data Channel
   Establishment Protocol (DCEP) or using some out-of- band non-DCEP
   protocol.  This document specifies how the SDP (Session Description
   Protocol) offer/answer exchange can be used to achieve an out-of-band
   non-DCEP negotiation for establishing a data channel.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-data-channel-sdpneg/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-data-channel-sdpneg/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.