Subject: [MMUSIC] Minor correction to ICE RTP/RTCP handling

From: Roman Shpount <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 17:03:41 -0400

Hi All,

One more change related to  https://github.com/suhasHere/ice-sip-sdp/pull/1

In the current version of ice-sip-sdp, it was specified that agent MUST
include SDP candidate attributes for both the RTP and RTCP components if
RTCP is used. I think this is incorrect if RTCP mux only is used, only
candidate attributes for RTP must be included. To address this I have
changed the RTP/RTCP Considerations section.

Old Text:

If an agent utilizes both RTP and RTCP, the agent MUST include SDP
candidate attributes for both the RTP and RTCP components in the "m="
section.

If an agent uses separate ports for RTP and RTCP, the agent MUST include
an  SDP rtcp attribute in the "m=" section, as described in <<RFC3605>>. In
the cases  where the port number for the RTCP is one higher than the RTP
port and RTCP  component address is same as the address of the RTP
component, the SDP rtcp  attribute MAY be omitted.

New Text:

If an agent utilizes both RTP and RTCP, and separate ports are used for RTP
and RTCP, the agent MUST include SDP candidate attributes for both the RTP
and RTCP components and SDP rtcp attribute SHOULD be included in the "m="
section, as  described in <<RFC3605>>. In the cases  where the port number
for the RTCP is one higher than the RTP port and RTCP component address is
same as the address of the RTP component, the SDP rtcp attribute MAY be
omitted.

Please let me know what you think.
_____________
Roman Shpount