Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-sip-sdp-26.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 14:33:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer procedures for Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE)
        Authors         : Marc Petit-Huguenin
                          Suhas Nandakumar
                          Ari Keranen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-sip-sdp-26.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2019-05-17

Abstract:
   This document describes Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/
   Answer procedures for carrying out Interactive Connectivity
   Establishment (ICE) between the agents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-sip-sdp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-sip-sdp-26
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-sip-sdp-26

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-sip-sdp-26

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Suhas Nandakumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 14:41:25 -0700

Hello All

   Version 26 of the draft contains below changes . Thanks to Roman for
creating the original PR. I have selectively chosen some of those and
modified based on the recent list discussions. Please give it a  read and
let me know what you think. I will do a follow up submission on editorial
changes involving renaming IP Address to Connection Address from Roman's
original PR. Happy to incorporate more changes in the meanwhile based on
your review from version-26 in that.

   1. Allow FQDN in contact-address and update all mentions of connection
   address in the document

   Uses ice-sip-sdp (pre-22) text but also qualifies that FQDN resolution
   for more than one IP Address is not selected.  (Section 4.1)

   2. Allow offers and answers with no candidates, as well as, offers and
   answers where all candidates are discarded

   Sections 3.3.1, 3.3.2 and 3.3.3 are updated to incorporate the above
   behavior. Also mention has been made to address ice-pac like scenarios

   3. Specify that proto in the m= line in the answer must be the same as
   in the offer

   Section 3.3.2 has the relevant changes.

   4. RTCP components do not need to be included if separate ports are not
   used for RTP and RTCP

   Section 3.2.2 has been updated based on the inputs from Roman.

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 2:34 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

>         Title           : Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer
> procedures for Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE)
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
>