Subject: [MMUSIC] Protocol Action: 'SDP: Session Description Protocol' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-37.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 15:41:32 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'SDP: Session Description Protocol'
  (draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-37.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis/

Technical Summary
  This memo defines the Session Description Protocol (SDP).  SDP is intended
  for describing multimedia sessions for the purposes of session announcement,
  session invitation, and other forms of multimedia session initiation.  This
  document obsoletes RFC 4566.

Working Group Summary

  This updated version of RFC 4566 has been in in the works since late 2007,
  and as such it has undergone a number of revisions and improvements
  consistent with overall work on SDP related extensions in that timeframe.
  Consensus on the document is solid and there are no particular controversies
  related to it.

Document Quality

  The SDP protocol is widely implemented by a number of different vendors. A
  number of people in the MMUSIC group have contributed and commented over the
  years, however there is no single reviewer that merits special mention.

Personnel

  Flemming Andreasen is the Document Shepherd
  Adam Roach is the Responsible Area Director